Philippines Digital TV News
Converge launches VISION home entertainment service in the Philippines
Jul 30, 2021 – In partnership with Pacific Kabelnet (PKN), Converge has introduced an add-on service called VISION in the Philippines. VISION comes with an STB called Xperience Box - a full Android, all-in-one entertainment device.
News categories: Converge ICT, Jesus C. Romero, Dennis Anthony H. Uy, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
ABS-CBN channels go live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform
Apr 1, 2021 – Amagi has announced that ABS-CBN has partnered with Amagi to consolidate its operations in the cloud. In early February, seven channels from ABS-CBN went live on the Amagi CLOUDPORT platform.
News categories: Amagi, ABS-CBN, Srinivasan KA, Erwin Malimban, Content Distribution, Philippines
Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
Oct 28, 2020 – Having been fairly resilient against the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, the pay TV market in the Philippines will see its revenue increase from $451.1m in 2020 to $550.0m in 2025, mainly driven by DTH and IPTV segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Philippines, Satellite
Chinese streaming platforms taking over SE Asian markets
Aug 25, 2020 – The Southeast Asian streaming industry has seen considerable changes this last year as Chinese streaming services have been taking over a large part of viewers and investing in local content, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Cambodia, Digital TV, Indonesia, Malaysia, Market Research, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Streaming, Thailand, Vietnam
SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
May 27, 2020 – SES has revealed the results of its first TV market reception survey in the Philippines. Satellite TV (17%) is the second-most popular mode of TV reception, behind terrestrial TV (66%) but ahead of cable TV (15%) and IPTV (2%).
News categories: SES S.A, Yew Weng Soo, Digital TV, Market Research, Philippines
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Streaming, Thailand, Vietnam
Surge in use of Illicit Streaming Devices amongst online Filipino consumers
Sep 11, 2019 – A study of the content viewing behavior of Filipino consumers, has revealed that 34% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The latest research shows a substantial increase compared to a similar study last year.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Philippines, Set Top Box, Streaming
SKY Fiber launches new speed plans and the Philippines' first all-in box
Sep 4, 2019 – SKY Fiber has announced an All-In Box to go with its new Super Speed broadband plans. The first of its kind in the Philippines, the device combines the power of a WiFi-enabled modem, digital terrestrial TV, and cable TV modem for total entertainment.
News categories: SKY Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Philippines, Set Top Box
Telaria partners with ABS-CBN in the Philippines
Sep 4, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has announced that ABS-CBN will use Telaria’s Video Management Platform (VMP) to manage and monetize their OTT video inventory across all screens. Telaria now works with all the major Southeast Asian OTT video platforms.
News categories: Telaria, ABS-CBN, Kevin Smyth, Daniel Lawrense M. Dadulla, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Philippines, Streaming
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service