Australia Digital TV News
Freeview Australia launches integrated HbbTV platform
Apr 12, 2021 – Freeview Australia has launched its free enhanced HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) service, providing Australians with a more seamless integration between broadcast and on-demand BVOD services.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Helen Clifton, Bridget Fair, David Anderson, James Taylor, James Warburton, Mike Sneesby, Beverley McGarvey, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
Mar 3, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 2.6% from $2.4bn in 2020 to $2.1bn in 2025 due to a continued drop in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions and revenue, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
Feb 25, 2021 – At the Future of TV Advertising Sydney forum, OzTAM CEO Doug Peiffer has shared top line test data from Virtual Australia (VOZ), the new all-screen, cross-platform Total TV planning and reporting database.
News categories: OzTAM, Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Comscore and Samba TV extend CTV data partnership to Australia
Feb 24, 2021 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has expanded its TV measurement footprint to Australia with Samba TV. The new connected TV (CTV) measurement solution, launched last year in Europe, has now reached this key market in the APAC region.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV
8.6 million Australians now watching BVOD
Jan 28, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows 8.6 million Australians now watch BVOD services which include ABC iView, SBS On Demand, 7plus, 9Now and 10 Play. All five leading services have grown strongly during 2020.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
Jan 19, 2021 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has announced launch dates for Paramount+. The rollout starts on March 4, 2021 in the U.S. and Latin America. CBS All Access in Canada will be rebranded to Paramount+ on the same date.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
Subscription TV viewers soared in Australia during 2020
Jan 12, 2021 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Australians consumed subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during 2020 with 17.3 million Australians (82.1%) watching a subscription TV service in an average four week period.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Samsung TV Plus expands to 12 countries with over 740 channels
Dec 21, 2020 – Samsung has announced that Samsung TV Plus has now expanded to 12 countries and 742 channels worldwide, bringing access to over 60 million Samsung Smart TVs. Recent new countries include Australia and Brazil.
News categories: Samsung, Seline Sangsook Han, Apps, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, OTT, Smart TV, Spain, Switzerland, UK, USA
14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
Nov 22, 2020 – A growing number of Australian consumers are cutting their pay TV subscriptions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a survey by JWS Research for The Trade Desk (Nasdaq: TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, JWS Research, James Bayes, Australia, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020