Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UX
UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
Jun 17, 2019 – Mawarid Electronics offers internet and voice services to customers in Saudi Arabia. With UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics aims to offer full triple play services to their customers, as we well as to other service providers in the region.
News categories: UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics, Darko Robič, www.mel.sa/, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
Empire to open multi-sensory cinemas in Saudi Arabia
Apr 2, 2019 – Al-Rashed Empire Cinema Consortium has signed a deal with CJ 4DPLEX to open 10 4DX theatres around Saudi Arabia by 2023. 4DX enhances the on-screen visuals through special effects including motion synchronized seats, wind, fog, rain, lightning, snow, bubble, vibration, and scents.
News categories: CJ 4DPLEX, JongRyul Kim, Gino Haddad, Digital TV, Saudi Arabia, VR
Zain KSA and Huawei plan video streaming service
Feb 26, 2019 – Zain KSA and Huawei have agreed a plan to implement a 'to Home' video streaming service platform and infrastructure. Zain KSA will be the first telecom operator in the Middle East to use Huawei's video cloud solutions to build their own video services.
News categories: Zain, Huawei, Eng. Sultan Bin AbdulAziz AlDeghaither, Dennis Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MWC21, Saudi Arabia
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Streaming
SVOD subscribers in MENA region hit 1.6 million in Q3 2017
Nov 10, 2017 – According to Dataxis, 1.6 million people in the Middle-East and North Africa (MENA) region had subscribed to an SVOD platform in the third quarter of 2017. This represents a growth of +19% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Egypt, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV