Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
Jun 17, 2019 – Mawarid Electronics offers internet and voice services to customers in Saudi Arabia. With UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics aims to offer full triple play services to their customers, as we well as to other service providers in the region.
News categories: UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics, Darko Robič, www.mel.sa/, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
Empire to open multi-sensory cinemas in Saudi Arabia
Apr 2, 2019 – Al-Rashed Empire Cinema Consortium has signed a deal with CJ 4DPLEX to open 10 4DX theatres around Saudi Arabia by 2023. 4DX enhances the on-screen visuals through special effects including motion synchronized seats, wind, fog, rain, lightning, snow, bubble, vibration, and scents.
News categories: CJ 4DPLEX, JongRyul Kim, Gino Haddad, Digital TV, Saudi Arabia, VR
Zain KSA and Huawei plan video streaming service
Feb 26, 2019 – Zain KSA and Huawei have agreed a plan to implement a 'to Home' video streaming service platform and infrastructure. Zain KSA will be the first telecom operator in the Middle East to use Huawei's video cloud solutions to build their own video services.
News categories: Zain, Huawei, Eng. Sultan Bin AbdulAziz AlDeghaither, Dennis Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MWC20, Saudi Arabia
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
SVOD subscribers in MENA region hit 1.6 million in Q3 2017
Nov 10, 2017 – According to Dataxis, 1.6 million people in the Middle-East and North Africa (MENA) region had subscribed to an SVOD platform in the third quarter of 2017. This represents a growth of +19% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Egypt, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
Zain launches iflix service across Middle East and Africa
May 22, 2017 – Zain Group and iflix have announced the launch of iflix’s service across several of Zain’s markets. This follows the announcement earlier in the year whereby Zain and iflix formed a joint venture entity, ‘iflix Arabia’.
News categories: Zain, iflix, Scott Gegenheimer, Mark Britt, Apps, Bahrain, Digital TV, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Sudan
Viu hits 6 million active users, 50% growth in 4 months
Apr 25, 2017 – Viu has announced that it hit 6 million monthly active users (MAU) across its markets in March this year, up 50% on November 2016. Viu is now available in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Oman, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Egypt and Bahrain.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Oman, OTT, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Subscribers, UAE
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert