Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
GCC video industry revenue to reach US$2 billion by 2025
Dec 7, 2020 – Media Partners Asia has published its first report on the Middle East region. The report provides analysis of the current state and future outlook for telecoms, online video and pay-TV industries across the GCC countries.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Aravind Venugopal, Bahrain, COVID-19, Digital TV, Kuwait, Market Research, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
Jun 17, 2019 – Mawarid Electronics offers internet and voice services to customers in Saudi Arabia. With UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics aims to offer full triple play services to their customers, as we well as to other service providers in the region.
News categories: UniqCast, Mawarid Electronics, Darko Robič, www.mel.sa/, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere
Empire to open multi-sensory cinemas in Saudi Arabia
Apr 2, 2019 – Al-Rashed Empire Cinema Consortium has signed a deal with CJ 4DPLEX to open 10 4DX theatres around Saudi Arabia by 2023. 4DX enhances the on-screen visuals through special effects including motion synchronized seats, wind, fog, rain, lightning, snow, bubble, vibration, and scents.
News categories: CJ 4DPLEX, JongRyul Kim, Gino Haddad, Digital TV, Saudi Arabia, VR
Zain KSA and Huawei plan video streaming service
Feb 26, 2019 – Zain KSA and Huawei have agreed a plan to implement a 'to Home' video streaming service platform and infrastructure. Zain KSA will be the first telecom operator in the Middle East to use Huawei's video cloud solutions to build their own video services.
News categories: Zain, Huawei, Eng. Sultan Bin AbdulAziz AlDeghaither, Dennis Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, MWC21, Saudi Arabia
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
SVOD subscribers in MENA region hit 1.6 million in Q3 2017
Nov 10, 2017 – According to Dataxis, 1.6 million people in the Middle-East and North Africa (MENA) region had subscribed to an SVOD platform in the third quarter of 2017. This represents a growth of +19% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Egypt, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.