UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
Sep 20, 2023 – Skyline has announced that du has chosen its DataMiner Platform for its new Al Qudra teleport as well as for monitoring of its new broadcast center providing DTH, IPTV and OTT services.
News categories: Skyline, du, Ben Vandenberghe, Saleem AlBlooshi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, QoE, UAE
ArabyAds and VIDAA partner on smart TV advertising for the UAE and Saudi Arabia
Aug 22, 2023 – ArabyAds has announced an advertising partnership on VIDAA-powered Hisense smart TVs, giving ArabyAds exclusive access to Hisense inventory for CTV advertising within the UAE and KSA.
News categories: ArabyAds, VIDAA, Mahmoud Fathy, Yaniv Gruenwald, Advertising, Digital TV, Saudi Arabia, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
May 30, 2023 – SoftAtHome has been chosen by 'etisalat by e&' to deliver the smart eLife set-top box and backend software to enable Alexa voice control features in Arabic and English.
News categories: SoftAtHome, etisalat, David Viret-Lange, Khaled El Khouly, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UAE
Al Aan TV selects Actus Digital for compliance and monitoring
Dec 15, 2022 – Al Aan TV is using Actus Digital's intelligent monitoring platform. The platform provides a solution for compliance recording, content monitoring, advanced clips creation and export, and more.
News categories: Actus Digital, Al Aan TV, Sima Levy, Cesar Eid, Digital TV, Middle-East, QoE, UAE
LG Ad Solutions expands MENA advertising footprint with ArabyAds
Nov 16, 2022 – LG Ad Solutions has announced a partnership with ArabyAds, expanding its CTV advertising offering into the Middle East and North Africa. ArabyAds will gain access to potential consumers in the region using LG Smart TVs.
News categories: LG Ad Solutions, ArabyAds, Raghu Kodige, Mahmoud Fathy, Gulrez Alam, Advertising, Digital TV, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
May 19, 2022 – TV audience figures for the UAE have been revealed at CABSAT 2022, courtesy of Mena.tv. The research provides viewing data for 1.1 million UAE households dating back two years and across more than 600 channels on the E-Vision network.
News categories: Mena.TV, Nielsen, Nick Grande, Sarah Messer, Tassabih Hassan, Hadi Hammoud, Dr Khulud Abu Homos, Mashal Waqar, Dr Bidushi Bhattacharya, Advertising, Big Data, CABSAT, Digital TV, UAE
Synamedia and 3SS develop TV apps for Etisalat's Switch TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Etisalat UAE has chosen Synamedia and 3SS to provide TV apps for its D2C streaming service, Switch TV. 3SS and Synamedia developed apps for LG and Samsung TVs, with Synamedia also developing an Apple TV app.
News categories: 3SS, Synamedia, Etisalat, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jean-Francois Pigeon, Jonathan Haysom, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
Jan 17, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will fall by 38% between peak year 2016 and 2027 to $2.39 billion. Revenues in the Arabic-speaking countries are then expected to be $915 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
E-Vision launches TV audience measurement initiative
May 25, 2021 – E-Vision has announced a Television Audience Measurement (TAM) system for its eLife IPTV service. TAM enables TV stations to develop programs that match the desires of their audience and to air them at the most appropriate times.
News categories: E-Vision, ChannelSculptor, Olivier Bramly, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework