Egypt Digital TV News
Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
Apr 15, 2021 – ATEME technology will enable contribution over IP via fiber between Nilesat and Egyptian Media Production City (EMPC), and the expansion of Nilesat's video processing infrastructure for ENMA Egyptian channels.
News categories: ATEME, Nilesat, Mohamed Razik Zaghlouli, Hamdy Mounir, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Satellite
Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
Jan 27, 2021 – Rohde & Schwarz (R&S) has announced a contract win with the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA). R&S will equip multiple transmission sites with its TMV9evo DVB-T2 transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ENMA, Manfred Reitmeier, Maysa Kamel, Ahmed Abdelmohsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
Nov 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the findings of an Egyptian television market survey, confirming its 7/8° West hotspot as the most powerful neighborhood for satellite television for the country.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ghassan Murat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Market Research, Satellite
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2022, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UX
Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
Jul 22, 2019 – Telecom Egypt has signed an agreement with Cable Network Egypt (CNE) to provide its customers with IPTV. Telecom Egypt will offer packages tailored to serve all customer segments and include content such as entertainment, sports, TV series, movies and kids channels, among others.
News categories: Telecom Egypt, Cable Network Egypt, Adel Hamed, General Mohamed Kassem, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV
ATEME provides headend to the Egyptian National Media Authority
Jun 11, 2019 – ATEME has announced that the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected its converged video headend to cover the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. The headend that ATEME has provided is based on its encoder/decoder and multiplexer solutions.
News categories: ATEME, ENMA, Razik Zaghlouli, Eng. Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Terrestrial
Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
Apr 18, 2019 – The Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA) has selected Rohde & Schwarz transmitters to support their DVB-T2 network. The equipment is to be commissioned by mid-June 2019 in time for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations soccer tournament.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, National Media Authority, Rommer Balanon, Mervat Hassan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV