Egypt Digital TV News
Foxxum OS 4 to launch with El Araby Group
Sep 1, 2022 – Foxxum has acquired El Araby Group as the lead customer in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa for its operating system for Connected TVs. El Araby will launch Foxxum OS 4 on its CTV devices, profiting from the OS's revenue share model.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby Group, Amlogic, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Smart TV, TV OS
Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
Apr 15, 2021 – ATEME technology will enable contribution over IP via fiber between Nilesat and Egyptian Media Production City (EMPC), and the expansion of Nilesat's video processing infrastructure for ENMA Egyptian channels.
News categories: ATEME, Nilesat, Mohamed Razik Zaghlouli, Hamdy Mounir, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Satellite
Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
Jan 27, 2021 – Rohde & Schwarz (R&S) has announced a contract win with the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA). R&S will equip multiple transmission sites with its TMV9evo DVB-T2 transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ENMA, Manfred Reitmeier, Maysa Kamel, Ahmed Abdelmohsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
Nov 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the findings of an Egyptian television market survey, confirming its 7/8° West hotspot as the most powerful neighborhood for satellite television for the country.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ghassan Murat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Market Research, Satellite
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UX
Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
Jul 22, 2019 – Telecom Egypt has signed an agreement with Cable Network Egypt (CNE) to provide its customers with IPTV. Telecom Egypt will offer packages tailored to serve all customer segments and include content such as entertainment, sports, TV series, movies and kids channels, among others.
News categories: Telecom Egypt, Cable Network Egypt, Adel Hamed, General Mohamed Kassem, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite