Egypt Digital TV News
LG Ad Solutions expands MENA advertising footprint with ArabyAds
Nov 16, 2022 – LG Ad Solutions has announced a partnership with ArabyAds, expanding its CTV advertising offering into the Middle East and North Africa. ArabyAds will gain access to potential consumers in the region using LG Smart TVs.
News categories: LG Ad Solutions, ArabyAds, Raghu Kodige, Mahmoud Fathy, Gulrez Alam, Advertising, Digital TV, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Smart TV, Streaming, UAE
Foxxum OS 4 to launch with El Araby Group
Sep 1, 2022 – Foxxum has acquired El Araby Group as the lead customer in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa for its operating system for Connected TVs. El Araby will launch Foxxum OS 4 on its CTV devices, profiting from the OS's revenue share model.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby Group, Amlogic, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS
Foxxum CTV OS launches with El Araby Group on Mediatek SoCs
Jan 4, 2022 – Foxxum has announced El Araby is the first client for its Foxxum CTV OS on MediaTek chipsets. Foxxum CTV OS will be available on El Araby’s smart TV devices as an additional option to their pre-existing TV line-up.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby, Mehmet Eroglu, Dirk Wittenborg, Mohamed Negmeldin, Digital TV, Egypt, Smart TV, TV OS
Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
Apr 15, 2021 – ATEME technology will enable contribution over IP via fiber between Nilesat and Egyptian Media Production City (EMPC), and the expansion of Nilesat's video processing infrastructure for ENMA Egyptian channels.
News categories: ATEME, Nilesat, Mohamed Razik Zaghlouli, Hamdy Mounir, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Satellite
Egyptian National Media Authority to deploy R&S DVB-T2 transmitters
Jan 27, 2021 – Rohde & Schwarz (R&S) has announced a contract win with the Egyptian National Media Authority (ENMA). R&S will equip multiple transmission sites with its TMV9evo DVB-T2 transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, ENMA, Manfred Reitmeier, Maysa Kamel, Ahmed Abdelmohsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Egypt
MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
Jan 18, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, pay TV revenues in the MENA region fell by 14% between 2016 and 2020 to $2.74 billion. Revenues will continue to fall slowly - to $2.52 billion in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Egypt, Israel, Market Research, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, UAE
Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
Nov 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has revealed the findings of an Egyptian television market survey, confirming its 7/8° West hotspot as the most powerful neighborhood for satellite television for the country.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ghassan Murat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Market Research, Satellite
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2024, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Saudi Arabia, Streaming, UX
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024