Bangladesh Digital TV News
Beximco’s Akash Digital TV selects Irdeto's products and services
Sep 8, 2022 – Irdeto has extended its collaboration with Beximco Communications. Beximco has selected Irdeto to provide middleware for all the new set-top boxes of Akash Digital TV, the DTH pay-TV service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, Shane McCarthy, Dr Tariq Alam, Advertising, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
Aug 2, 2021 – MiME, an ISP in Bangladesh, has selected UniqCast's IPTV/OTT solution to power OTT and IPTV services for its broadband subscribers. MiME will now be able to offer double play services with a premium TV experience.
News categories: UniqCast, MiME/DigiCon, Benchmark Broadcast, Darko Robic, Mahmoud Ulhaq, Ramesh Babu, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Binge digital entertainment platform launches in Bangladesh
May 22, 2020 – RedDot Digital has launched Binge, Bangladesh's largest digital entertainment platform. Binge is accessible through Android smartphones as well as in smart TVs. There is also a dedicated Binge device.
News categories: Robi, Genex Infosys, Dr. Asif Naimur Rashid, Apps, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
May 18, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a deal with Allianz International Holdings Limited. As part of the collaboration, Allianz Holdings will distribute the video-on-demand service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Eros Now, Allianz International, Eros Digital, Ali Hussein, Dr. Sakib M Rahman, Rishika Lulla Singh, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MandA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024