Bangladesh Digital TV News
Beximco’s Akash Digital TV selects Irdeto's products and services
Sep 8, 2022 – Irdeto has extended its collaboration with Beximco Communications. Beximco has selected Irdeto to provide middleware for all the new set-top boxes of Akash Digital TV, the DTH pay-TV service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, Shane McCarthy, Dr Tariq Alam, Advertising, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Bangladesh's MiME selects UniqCast's OTT/IPTV solution
Aug 2, 2021 – MiME, an ISP in Bangladesh, has selected UniqCast's IPTV/OTT solution to power OTT and IPTV services for its broadband subscribers. MiME will now be able to offer double play services with a premium TV experience.
News categories: UniqCast, MiME/DigiCon, Benchmark Broadcast, Darko Robic, Mahmoud Ulhaq, Ramesh Babu, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Binge digital entertainment platform launches in Bangladesh
May 22, 2020 – RedDot Digital has launched Binge, Bangladesh's largest digital entertainment platform. Binge is accessible through Android smartphones as well as in smart TVs. There is also a dedicated Binge device.
News categories: Robi, Genex Infosys, Dr. Asif Naimur Rashid, Apps, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
May 18, 2020 – Eros Now (NYSE: EROS) has announced a deal with Allianz International Holdings Limited. As part of the collaboration, Allianz Holdings will distribute the video-on-demand service in Bangladesh.
News categories: Eros Now, Allianz International, Eros Digital, Ali Hussein, Dr. Sakib M Rahman, Rishika Lulla Singh, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
May 16, 2019 – Beximco Communications has launched a DTH service in Bangladesh under the brand name AKASH. The service will be available from May 19 at authorised retails in 20 districts. AKASH includes a large bouquet of Bangladeshi and foreign TV channels.
News categories: Beximco, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MandA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Robi and Bongo to launch video streaming in Bangladesh
Apr 2, 2019 – Robi Axiata and Stellar Digital, popularly known as Bongo, have announced that they plan to offer an on-demand video streaming service to Robi and Airtel subscribers. The commercial free service includes live TV as well as video on demand content.
News categories: Robi Axiata, Stellar Digital, Mahtab Uddin Ahmed, Ahad Mohammad Bha, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Streaming
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio