Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyz Republic) Digital TV News
TV markets growing in Central Asia driven by OTT and mobile
Jan 22, 2021 – Looking at the evolution of TV markets in the Central Asia region over the past three years, Dataxis has observed growing opportunities for operators and broadcasters.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Tajikistan, Terrestrial, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Amazon Prime Video launches globally
Dec 14, 2016 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced that Amazon Prime Video is now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe. Customers can watch on Android and iOS phones and tablets, Fire Tablets and LG and Samsung smart TVs.
News categories: Amazon, Tim Leslie, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, Colombia, Congo-Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, DRC, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Melanesia, Mexico, Micronesia, Mobile, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, OTT, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Polynesia, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, UK, Ukraine, Uruguay, USA, Uzbekistan, Vatican, Venezuela, Vietnam, Worldwide, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Eutelsat to support Kyrgyz Republic's transition to DTT
Jan 27, 2015 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with RPO RMTR, the public broadcaster of the Kyrgyz Republic, that will accelerate the country’s switch to a fully digital broadcasting environment.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, Bakit Sharshembiev, Content Distribution, CSTB, Digital TV, Kyrgyzstan, Satellite, Terrestrial
Kyrgyzstan begins DVB-T2 broadcasting
Nov 6, 2014 – Kyrgyztelekom has announced that it has begun DVB-T2 terrestrial broadcasting in the Kyrgyz Republic. The DVB-T2 broadcasting equipment tender was won by Kvant-Efir, with satellite capacity provided by Eutelsat.
News categories: Kyrgyztelekom, Kvant-Efir, Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kyrgyzstan, Terrestrial
Kyrgyztelecom begins digital TV transmission in Bishkek
Dec 5, 2012 – Kyrgyzstan has begun its transition to digital TV with the switching on by Kyrgyztelecom of its first DVB-T2 TV transmitter. The launch is part of a plan to roll-out digital TV across the country for eventual analogue switch-off in 2015.
News categories: Kyrgyztelecom, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kyrgyzstan, Terrestrial
Kyrgyztelecom launches IPTV in Kyrgyzstan
Jan 19, 2011 – Kyrgyztelecom has launched an IPTV service. The service is offered free to Kyrgyztelecom ADSL subscribers in the Bishkek and Chuy regions and can be received either on a PC using IP-TV Player software or via the TV using a dedicated set-top box.
News categories: Kyrgyztelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Kyrgyzstan, Set Top Box
Irdeto to Protect Ala TV Media Content and Deliver Pay TV Services to Kyrgyzstan
Sep 3, 2009 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Ala TV, Kyrgyzstan's first digital cable pay TV operator, has selected the company's Conditional Access to provide vital content protection and support for its inaugural digital TV service offering.
News categories: Irdeto, Ala TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kyrgyzstan, MMDS, Set Top Box
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing