Ethiopia Digital TV News
Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
Jul 29, 2020 – Strong Roots Ethiopia Broadcasting Service has taken Ku-band capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B (Paris: ETL). Strong Roots plans to launch an FTA DTH platform covering Ethiopia as well as Ethiopian diaspora in zones within the satellite’s footprint, notably the Middle East.
News categories: Eutelsat, Philippe Oliva, Tsegaye Alemayehu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Middle-East, Satellite
CANAL+ to launch Ethiopia's first pay DTH platform
Jul 28, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and CANAL+ have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder contract for Ku capacity on EUTELSAT 7C to support the launch by CANAL+ of a premium DTH platform in Ethiopia at the beginning of 2021.
News categories: Eutelsat, CANAL+, Rodolphe Belmer, Jacques du Puy, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Ethiosat DTH TV platform for Ethiopia launches on NSS-12
Oct 3, 2019 – Ethiosat has launched – the first Ethiopian TV platform to host Ethiopia’s most popular local channels. This has been made possible by agreements between the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), the Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation (EBC), and SES.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E
Jul 9, 2019 – SES and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters (AEB), and the Ethiopian Broadcasting Cooperation (EBC) have signed an agreement that will result in the creation of a dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood on SES's NSS-12 satellite at 57°E.
News categories: SES S.A, Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Ferdinand Kayser, Amman Fissehazion, Belete Esubalew Gemberie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Ethiopian broadcasters take video capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B
Feb 12, 2019 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has signed simultaneous multi-year contracts with the Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation and the Association of Ethiopian Broadcasters for video capacity on its EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite.
News categories: Eutelsat, Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation, Michel Azibert, Messay Hurissa, Anman Fissehazion, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
African OTT TV revenues to reach $1 billion
Jan 14, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, Sub-Saharan African OTT movie and TV episode revenues will reach $1,018 million by 2024 – up from $223 million in 2018. Despite this quintupling of revenues, Africa still has a lot of potential growth in the long-term.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Streaming, Tanzania
Inview to provide middleware for Ethiopian Digital Switchover
Sep 13, 2017 – Inview Technology has announced that it has been selected by Set-Top Box manufacturers (Tana and Hi-Tech) and endorsed by the Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority (EBA) to be the sole middleware provider for DTT migration in Ethiopia.
News categories: Inview Technology, Ethiopian Broadcasting Authority, Jacques Van Hollebeke, Digital TV, Ethiopia, IBC, Middleware, Terrestrial
Eutelsat provides satellite capacity for Ethiosat
May 10, 2017 – Ethiopia’s Information Network Security Agency (INSA) has officially launched Ethiosat, its TV platform. For the service, INSA has inked a contract with Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) for capacity at its 7/8°W neighbourhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Information Network Security Agency, Michel Azibert, Gebremeskel Teklemariam, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
Ethiopia launches Ethiosat satellite TV platform
Apr 21, 2017 – Ethiopia's Information Network Security Agency (INSA) has launched a National Integrated Satellite Television Transmission Platform to provide an opportunity for all the country's television stations to transmit from one platform.
News categories: Information Network Security Agency, Teklebirhan Wolde-Aregay, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Satellite
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor