Africa (Sub-Saharan) Digital TV News
Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
Sep 26, 2023 – Pixalate has released its H1 2023 EMEA Connected TV (CTV) Ad Supply Chain Report, an analysis of open programmatic CTV advertising through the first half of 2023 in the EMEA region.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Africa, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Middle-East, Streaming
U-TO and Mangomolo partner on OTT platform for Asia and S. Africa
Aug 29, 2023 – Mangomolo has announced that t is partnering with U-TO Solutions to offer its full-service, end-to-end OTT video platform to the media and broadcast sector in Asia and South Africa.
News categories: Mangomolo, U-TO Solutions, Wissam Sabbagh, Dheeraj Lilani, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, South Africa, Streaming
Africa to add 10 million SVOD subscriptions by 2029
Aug 14, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, African SVOD will see plenty of growth in the coming years. Africa will have 18 million paying SVOD subscriptions by 2029, up from 8 million at end-2023.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Vodafone deploys streaming CDN with Qwilt and Cisco
Jul 11, 2023 – Qwilt and Cisco will deploy their CDN solution at Vodafone, increasing the performance of Vodafone’s streaming delivery to mobile and fixed broadband customers in Europe and Africa.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone, Cisco, Alon Maor, Giorgio Migliarina, Nadia Benabdallah, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
PCCW and CANAL+ partner to accelerate growth of Viu
Jun 21, 2023 – PCCW [SEHK:0008] and CANAL+ have announced a deal under which CANAL+ will become a 26.1% minority shareholder in Viu, with an option for further investment to bring its holding to 51%.
News categories: PCCW, CANAL+ Group, Viu, Susanna Hui, Maxime Saada, Jacques du Puy, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, MandA, Middle-East, South Africa, Streaming
Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
Jun 7, 2023 – Netgem has launched a revamp of Zeop TV in La Réunion, with the latest version of its multiscreen apps introducing more content and more features in a super-aggregator model.
News categories: Netgem, ZEOP, ZTE, Mathias Hautefort, Emmanuel André, Jianbo Wang, Android TV, Digital TV, France, Mascarene Islands, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
May 25, 2023 – eMedia has announced results for its financial year that ended 31 March 2023. Set-top box activations for Openview in the year were 513,840, taking the number to 3,166,461 at period-end.
News categories: eMedia, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Openview launches pay-TV bouquet in S. Africa with NAGRA security
Apr 20, 2023 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Openview, a free-to-air satellite TV service in South Africa, has extended its relationship with NAGRA to secure Ultraview, its new pay-TV offering.
News categories: NAGRA, eMedia Investments, Openview, Nancy Goldberg, Khalik Sherrif, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Senegal's RTS turns to Globecast for international distribution
Mar 8, 2023 – Globecast has been selected by Radio Télévision Sénégalaise (RTS) to grow its international presence. Globecast is providing international distribution for the public broadcaster's main channel, RTS1.
News categories: Globecast, RTS, Lionel Antoine, Racine Talla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Senegal, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data