Ghana Digital TV News
HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
Jun 9, 2021 – SES HD PLUS Ghana has integrated its satellite TV service into selected Samsung TVs using NAGRA’s TVkey Cloud technology. The built-in operator app offers users direct access to HD+ straight out of the box as part of a new TV installation.
News categories: Nagra, Samsung, HD PLUS Ghana, Multimedia Group, Thierry Legrand, Lucas Lee, Theodore Asampong, Abdulai Awudu, Apps, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Smart TV
Syinix to launch Android TV in Ghana and Nigeria
Sep 3, 2020 – Syinix will launch its first Android TV in Ghana and Nigeria on September 15. The TV features a frameless screen display, Bluetooth 5.0, 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Surround Sound as well as Android TV.
News categories: Syinix, Android TV, Digital TV, Ghana, Nigeria, Smart TV
Satellite TV gains popularity in Ghana and Nigeria
Jun 25, 2020 – An SES survey has revealed a steady increase in the penetration of satellite TV across Africa. The study shows an increase in SES reach from 33 million African households in 2018 to 35 million households in 2019.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ghana, IPTV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Eutelsat selected by RCS Ghana for DTH service at 7° East
Apr 22, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has secured a contract with RCS Ghana to provide capacity for the broadcast of its DTH bouquet bringing content to viewers in Ghana and beyond. RCS will use Ku-Band capacity on EUTELSAT 7B to broadcast its FTA service.
News categories: Eutelsat, RCS Ghana, Nicolas Baravalle, Hamza Tanko, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite
Africa’s entertainment and media industry enters dynamic new era
Sep 19, 2018 – Africa’s entertainment and media (E&M) industry has entered a dynamic new phase - a third wave of convergence. The borders that once separated the E&M, technology and telecommunications industries are blurring in the battle for the attention of the consumer in a world that is rapidly digitising.
News categories: PwC, Vicki Myburgh, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania
Mediaproxy provides compliance, monitoring and analysis for Kwesé TV
Oct 9, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Econet Media has chosen its unified broadcast compliance, monitoring and analysis solution for Kwesé TV. Mediaproxy software is enabling Kwesé TV to ensure delivery of its pay-TV service to consumers in Ghana, Rwanda, Zambia, and Kenya.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Econet Media, Mark Horchler, David Alpert, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, QoE, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
iflix extends footprint to sub-Saharan Africa
Jun 1, 2017 – iflix has announced the establishment of iflix Africa to bring its service to sub-Saharan Africa. With launches planned in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe, iflix Africa will increase iflix’s global footprint to 23 territories.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Andre de Wet, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Streaming, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
EBS to supply EPG data for Africa's Kwesé TV
Feb 7, 2017 – EBS has announced that it has added Econet Media’s Kwesé TV platform to its portfolio of clients. The partnership enables Kwesé TV to deliver enriched metadata and images for every programme via EBS’ EPG and metadata management application.
News categories: EBS, Econet, Keith Bedford, Joseph Hundah, Africa, Big Data, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
Kwesé TV starts DTH broadcasting in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia
Jan 30, 2017 – The Kwesé Network's Kwesé TV pay TV satellite service has started broadcasting, beaming entertainment and sports programming to households in Ghana, Rwanda and Zambia - the initial countries of the Kwesé TV rollout across Africa.
News categories: Econet Media, Kwesé TV, Joseph Hundah, Digital TV, Ghana, Rwanda, Satellite, Zambia
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022