Puerto Rico Digital TV News
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
DIRECTV becomes a standalone video business
Aug 5, 2021 – AT&T and TPG have closed their agreement to establish DIRECTV as a separate company. The new company now owns and operates the former AT&T U.S. and Puerto Rico video businesses consisting of satellite, streaming and IP video services.
News categories: DIRECTV, Bill Morrow, Digital TV, MandA, Puerto Rico, Satellite, USA
Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
Sep 16, 2020 – Liberty Puerto Rico has launched Hub TV. Developed by Liberty Latin America (LLA) and TiVo, Hub TV is an IPTV console that uses the TiVo platform to give customers a personalized multimedia entertainment experience.
News categories: Liberty Puerto Rico, TiVo, Waldo Hooker, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box
Liberty LA to acquire AT&T's operations in Puerto Rico & the U.S. Virgin Islands
Oct 9, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA and LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire AT&T's wireless and wireline operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands in an all-cash transaction.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, AT&T, Balan Nair, Jose J. Davila, Caribbean, MandA, Mobile, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
Nielsen launches global measurement for YouTube mobile app
Jun 3, 2019 – Nielsen has announced that it has expanded advertising measurement on YouTube’s mobile app to 26 additional markets. Now available in 34 markets, the service provides cross-device measurement of advertising audiences across computer and mobile devices.
News categories: Nielsen, Amanda Tarpey, Advertising, Belgium, Big Data, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Streaming, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, UAE
Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
Oct 17, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has acquired the remaining 40% stake in Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico from funds affiliated with Searchlight Capital Partners.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Searchlight Capital Partners, Liberty Puerto Rico, Balan Nair, Eric Zinterhofer, Naji Khoury, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Puerto Rico
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MandA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server
- Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ most essential for US streaming subscribers
- Ateme completes AWS ISV Accelerate program
- Media Distillery launches ad break detection solution
- HbbTV releases new version of core specification
- PCTV scales up video services across Latin America with Eutelsat
- Roku and Best Buy announce advertising and retail relationship
- MwareTV to offer a fully managed IPTV service in the US
- Aferian provides trading update
- Innovative Systems renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- SpringServe joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
- EZDRM brings studio-approved DRM to WebRTC