Chile Digital TV News
Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
Nov 21, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that its broadpeak.io SaaS product, supporting automatic content replacement, is being used by several video service providers for video streaming during the 2022 world football competition in Qatar.
News categories: Broadpeak, Gtd, Síminn, Mathias Guille, Cristian Carcamo, David Gunnarsson, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Iceland
GTD expands service offering with Viaccess-Orca
Oct 18, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Chilean telecommunications operator GTD is optimizing its IPTV service and new OTT offering with VO's Service Delivery Platform (SDP).
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, GTD, Philippe Léonetti, Cristian Carcamo, Android TV, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Streaming
Chile's Entel extends DTH pay TV service agreement with Hispasat
Apr 20, 2022 – Hispasat and Entel have agreed the extension of their DTH managed service agreement for Chile. Hispasat's service includes receiving, processing and broadcasting channels, satellite capacity, as well as the EPG service and CA.
News categories: Hispasat, Entel, Ignacio Sanchis, Daniel Rios, Chile, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
América Móvil and Liberty Latin America to combine Chilean operations
Sep 29, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) and América Móvil (BMV:AMX, NYSE:AMX; AMOV) have agreed to combine their respective Chilean operations, VTR and Claro Chile, into a 50:50 joint venture.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, América Móvil, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, MandA
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
Jun 15, 2021 – Riivi has chosen Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service to verify and fast-track the certification of its TV apps, including apps for Smart TV platforms such as Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, Riivi, Ajey Anand, Ilan Oliel, Apps, Chile, Digital TV, Streaming
3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
May 6, 2021 – TCC has gone live with a hybrid TV platform based on the Android TV OS Operator Tier. The service is enabled by SDMC's DV8545-C STB and powered by the 3READY Product Framework, 3SS’ front end and UI solution.
News categories: 3SS, SDMC, TCC, ZetaTV, Kai-Christian Borchers, Laurence Yan, Javier Ruete, Android TV, Argentina, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Uruguay, UX
VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
Apr 15, 2021 – VTR has selected Media Distillery to improve its video user experience. With Media Distillery's AI technology, subscribers are now able to watch programmes with precisely correct start times when using Replay.
News categories: Media Distillery, Liberty Latin America, VTR, Roland Sars, Edwin Elberg, Cable TV, Chile, Digital TV, DVR, UX
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media