Jamaica Digital TV News
Liberty Latin America organic Video RGUs up 1,900 in 1Q 2023
May 8, 2023 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended March 31, 2023. LLA's Video RGBs increased organically by 1,900 in the quarter to finish at 952,500.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Television Jamaica goes live with Comark end-to-end ATSC 3.0 solution
Feb 15, 2022 – COMARK has announced that Television Jamaica (TVJ) is on the air with a fully integrated ATSC 3.0 solution from COMARK. COMARK delivered an air-cooled UHF transmitter system along with a transmit antenna for the initial OTA service in Kingston.
News categories: Comark, Triveni Digital, Television Jamaica, Joe Turbolski, Michael P. Henlin, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Television Jamaica to launch NEXTGEN TV
Dec 24, 2022 – Television Jamaica (TVJ) has been accepted as a full member of ATSC. The membership is one of many moves that the station is undertaking as it embarks on a transition from analogue to the digital ATSC 3.0 transmission.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Television Jamaica, Madeleine Noland, Claire Grant, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Jamaica's switchover to digital television begins in 2022
Dec 6, 2021 – The Broadcasting Commission is reminding the public that the Digital Television Switchover (DSO) in Jamaica will get underway in 2022, with completion expected by 2023. Broadcasters will use the ATSC 3.0 digital standard of broadcasting.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Jamaica
Liberty Latin America adds 18,600 video RGUs in 3Q 2021
Nov 2, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA; LILAK, OTC Link:LILAB) has announced results for the period ended September 30, 2021. The company added 18,600 video RGUs in the quarter, to finish with a total of 1,987,500 subscribers.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
Video net adds of 11,800 for Liberty Latin America in 2Q 2021
Aug 4, 2021 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced results for the period ended June 30, 2021. Overall, the company addded 11,800 in the second quarter of 2021.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Balan Nair, Bahamas, Barbados, Cable TV, Chile, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Jamaica, Panama, Puerto Rico, Results, Subscribers, Trinidad and Tobago
HBO Max to arrive in Latin America in June 2021
Feb 11, 2021 – WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming platform, HBO Max, is scheduled to launch in late June in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean, marking the first availability for the platform outside the U.S.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Streaming, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
Jamaica's Ready TV selects CryptoGuard for content security
Apr 30, 2017 – Ready TV, Jamaica’s first digital subscription television service has inked a deal with Swedish based CryptoGuard - a content security provider of secure and smart access control systems for digital television.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Ready TV, Kjell Carlswärd, Chris Dehring, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Jamaica
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set