Malta Digital TV News
Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
Oct 14, 2019 – Melita has further strengthened its position as Malta’s leading provider of TV services, with subscriber numbers now surpassing 100,000, equivalent to a circa 60% market share. All Melita TV customers now have HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Melita, Simon Poljask, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Subscribers
GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
Aug 13, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that Malta’s GO has deployed a solution that includes Edgeware’s CDN and Origin platforms, enabling it to deliver multi-screen services and provide viewers with a fully mobile and flexible TV-experience.
News categories: Edgeware, GO Malta, Johan Bolin, Chris Attard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Malta, OTT
GO Malta deploys Minerva 10 service management platform
Jul 26, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that GO Malta has deployed its Minerva 10 solution to power next-generation video services. The new offering delivers an advanced user experience on both GO’s legacy set-top boxes and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva, GO Malta, Todd Clayton, Chris Attard, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
Enhanced TV experience rolled out at GO TV in Malta
Jul 5, 2019 – GO has kicked off the first phase of a TV migration exercise which will see customers wake up to an enhanced TV user experience. Enhancement starts with a new TV home screen featuring a more user-friendly layout which is predominantly image driven.
News categories: GO p.l.c, Nikhil Patil, Chris Attard, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UX
EQT acquires Maltese telecom operator Melita
May 23, 2019 – EQT has signed an agreement to acquire Melita from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital. Melita services customers on Malta with mainly four types of products: Gigabit broadband services, mobile and fixed telephony as well as TV services.
News categories: Melita, EQT, Harald Rösch, Ulrich Köllensperger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Merger between Vodafone Malta and Melita called off
Dec 8, 2017 – In May 2017, Vodafone, Apax Partners and Fortino Capital announced their intention to combine Vodafone Malta with Melita. However, the parties have been unable to satisfy the Maltese Competition Authority's requirements and so have decided to terminate the transaction.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, MnA
ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
Nov 16, 2017 – ADB has announced that Melita has chosen ADB to implement the commercial launch of its TV service. Melita will benefit from ADB’s experience in the STB market together with innovative applications provided via the RDK middleware.
News categories: ADB, Melita, Lennart Broers, Simon Poljsak, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, RDK, Set Top Box
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service