Malta Digital TV News
Amino powers GO Malta OTT Android TV launch
Feb 4, 2021 – Amino and GO Malta have announced that the AminoOS powered Amigo 7X devices and Amino Engage software have been rolled-out to provide GO Malta’s customers with exciting new OTT video services based on Android TV.
News categories: Amino, GO Malta, Donald McGarva, Kelvin Camenzuli, Android TV, Digital TV, Malta, Set Top Box, Streaming
Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
Oct 14, 2019 – Melita has further strengthened its position as Malta’s leading provider of TV services, with subscriber numbers now surpassing 100,000, equivalent to a circa 60% market share. All Melita TV customers now have HD set-top boxes.
News categories: Melita, Simon Poljask, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Subscribers
GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
Aug 13, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that Malta’s GO has deployed a solution that includes Edgeware’s CDN and Origin platforms, enabling it to deliver multi-screen services and provide viewers with a fully mobile and flexible TV-experience.
News categories: Edgeware, GO Malta, Johan Bolin, Chris Attard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Malta, Streaming
GO Malta deploys Minerva 10 service management platform
Jul 26, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that GO Malta has deployed its Minerva 10 solution to power next-generation video services. The new offering delivers an advanced user experience on both GO’s legacy set-top boxes and consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva, GO Malta, Todd Clayton, Chris Attard, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
Enhanced TV experience rolled out at GO TV in Malta
Jul 5, 2019 – GO has kicked off the first phase of a TV migration exercise which will see customers wake up to an enhanced TV user experience. Enhancement starts with a new TV home screen featuring a more user-friendly layout which is predominantly image driven.
News categories: GO p.l.c, Nikhil Patil, Chris Attard, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, UX
EQT acquires Maltese telecom operator Melita
May 23, 2019 – EQT has signed an agreement to acquire Melita from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital. Melita services customers on Malta with mainly four types of products: Gigabit broadband services, mobile and fixed telephony as well as TV services.
News categories: Melita, EQT, Harald Rösch, Ulrich Köllensperger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MandA
Malta communications market trends for the period January to June 2018
Feb 27, 2019 – The Malta Communications Authority (MCA) has published its Communications Market Review (CMR) outlining the main developments in the first half of 2018. In the pay TV sector, subscriptions were 161,697 at the end of the half, up from 152,371 a year earlier.
News categories: Malta Communications Authority, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Merger between Vodafone Malta and Melita called off
Dec 8, 2017 – In May 2017, Vodafone, Apax Partners and Fortino Capital announced their intention to combine Vodafone Malta with Melita. However, the parties have been unable to satisfy the Maltese Competition Authority's requirements and so have decided to terminate the transaction.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malta, MandA
ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
Nov 16, 2017 – ADB has announced that Melita has chosen ADB to implement the commercial launch of its TV service. Melita will benefit from ADB’s experience in the STB market together with innovative applications provided via the RDK middleware.
News categories: ADB, Melita, Lennart Broers, Simon Poljsak, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, RDK, Set Top Box
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement
- C Spire to acquire Troy Cablevision
- Software Freedom Conservancy sues Vizio for GPL violations
- Altibox Android TV service goes live with 3SS and Technicolor
- Sunrise UPC launches yallo TV in Switzerland
- ATEME embeds Viaccess-Orca contribution watermarking
- Deloitte releases results of Digital Media Trends Fall Pulse survey
- RFE receives Android TV Operator Tier certification for IPTV STB
- Disney+ coming to Hisense and Toshiba TVs with VIDAA Smart OS
- Tremor International acquires Spearad
- TekSavvy TV footprint expands across Canada
- Airtel launches Video Platform as a Service product