Amino powers GO Malta OTT Android TV launchThursday, February 4th, 2021
- AminoOS Powered Amigo 7X Android TV box powers GO Malta’s new Android TV OTT services
- Amino Engage SaaS platforms provides GO Malta with advanced set-top box commissioning, management and customer-care functionality for the Amino devices
- The Amino deployment enables GO Malta to aggregate linear and streaming content in a single service, while complying with Malta’s DTT frequency switch-off project
CAMBRIDGE and MARSA, Malta — Amino, the global media and entertainment technology solutions provider, and GO Malta, Malta’s leading communications services company, today announced that the AminoOS powered Amigo 7X devices and Amino Engage software have been rolled-out to provide GO Malta’s customers with exciting new OTT video services based on Android TV. This project is part of GO’s TV strategy and customer experience journey.
Android TV enables GO Malta to provide consumers with a combination of scheduled TV services and advanced OTT services to keep consumers in its environment. GO Malta does this through integrating streaming apps, updating the UI and branding the UX. The Amigo 7X device provides GO Malta with a customized GO button on the remote control to take viewers straight to their defined Android TV experience.
Additional features that Amino has enabled, include: branded Android TV boot screens and launcher background images that are dynamically changed by the Amino Engage software, amongst others. GO Malta will manage the Amino devices through Engage to reduce OPEX and enhance customer satisfaction through reducing truck-rolls and customer calls, easily adding new functionality and proactively managing the customer experience.
Discussing this exciting new deployment, Kelvin Camenzuli, Chief Digital Officer, GO Malta, said: “Amino enabled us to launch interactive services running on Android TV while migrating viewers from DTT to OTT. Thanks to the expertise of Amino, this complex demanding project has been incredibly smooth. Our viewers are already responding very positively to the new advanced experience that we are providing them.”
“Amino’s expertise in Android TV, including handling the certification with Google, means that we can make sure that our customers can easily update their services, and do it efficiently and fast, with exciting features like a GO Malta button on the remote, taking customers straight to the OTT services,” said Donald McGarva, Amino Group Chief Executive Officer. “Amino’s experience in making Android TV ‘Operator Ready’ ensures that GO Malta customers get great OTT video services and the operator can reduce OPEX; a real win-win.”
The Amino solutions that provide a turbo boost to Android TV Operator Tier, include:
- AminoOS: built on over 20 years of focused IP entertainment delivery excellence, AminoOS is device middleware that supports Android TV devices and has integrations to a broad and deep industry ecosystem.
- Amigo 7X: Android TV Operator Tier certified Ultra-HD client TV device, with tuner options, delivering exciting OTT content with an exceptional user experience.
- Amino Engage: cloud-based service management solution providing a suite of management tools that efficiently manage and proactively support deployed Android TV devices and apps to improve quality of service and experience.