5G (LTE, 4G, 3G) Mobile Broadband News
Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
Sep 21, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its solution was used in the first U.S. transmission of a 5G signal over a licensed broadcast facility, in a proof of concept of 5G Broadcast to the FCC.
News categories: Ateme, Qualcomm, XGen Network, Mickaël Raulet, Lorenzo Casaccia, Frank Copsidas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
Sep 15, 2023 – ENENSYS has partnered with Eutelsat to show streaming over 5G networks using DVB-NIP. DVB-NIP convergences broadband and broadcast to increase the reach of satellite and broadcast operations.
News categories: ENENSYS, Eutelsat, Laurent ROUL, Annamaria Recchia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Satellite
Report from ETSI highlights synergies between DVB-I and 5G
Aug 28, 2023 – A Technical Report released by ETSI (TR 103 972 v1.1.1) describes how DVB-I can provide a service layer for any IP-based system, including 5G Media Streaming and 5G Broadcast.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G-MAG, ETSI, Frédéric Gabin, Thomas Stockhammer, Richard Bradbury, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
AVS expands broadcast services in Brazil via EUTELSAT 65 West A
Aug 7, 2023 – AVS has signed contracts for capacity on EUTELSAT 65 West A. The partnership allows AVS to deploy its public channels avoiding interference generated by the activation of 5G in Brazil.
News categories: Eutelsat, AVS, José Ignacio González-Núñez, Eutelsat, João Paulo Erthal, 5G, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
True and ZTE launch joint innovation centre in Thailand
Jul 5, 2023 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and True have launched the True & ZTE Innovation Center. The centre will explore the latest communication technologies as well as smart homes and smart living.
News categories: ZTE, True Corp, Li Zixue, Manat Manavutiveth, 5G, Digital TV, Metaverse, Smart Home, Thailand
ORS trials live 5G broadcast transmission at Donauinselfest in Vienna
Jun 21, 2023 – As part of an RTR-funded 5G Broadcast trial in Vienna, ORS tested 5G Broadcast distribution for large live events regarding latency and hybrid distribution at the Donauinselfest.
News categories: ORS, RTR, ORF, Kronehit, Martin Holovlasky, 5G, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV
June 2023 edition of Ericsson Mobility Report released
Jun 21, 2023 – Despite geopolitical challenges and macroeconomic slowdown in some markets, CSPs worldwide are continuing to invest in 5G, the latest edition of the Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report shows.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Vodafone UK and Three UK to merge
Jun 14, 2023 – Vodafone Group and CK Hutchison Group Telecom (CKHGT) have agreed to combine Vodafone UK and Three UK. Vodafone will own 51% of the combined business and CKHGT 49%.
News categories: Vodafone, CK Hutchison, Margherita Della Valle, Ahmed Essam, Canning Fok, Robert Finnegan, 5G, MandA, UK
TDF and France Télévisions trial DTT of the future
Jun 7, 2023 – TDF and France Télévisions are launching two DTT trials to coincide with the 2023 French Open tennis tournament: DTT broadcasting in UHD quality, and experimental 5G broadcasting.
News categories: TDF Group, France Télévisions, Ateme, Karim El Naggar, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Terrestrial
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029