5G (LTE, 4G, 3G) Mobile Broadband News
TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
Sep 15, 2020 – Catalonia's TV3 is to trial a 5G immersive sport experience at the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK), due to take place at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya from the 18th to 20th of September.
News categories: TV3, Guttmann Institute, IRI-UPC, Kataclack, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Spain, VR
Skyboxe receives FCC certification for 4G TV gateway
Sep 1, 2020 – Skyboxe has announced that its Skyboxe Hub 4G has received an equipment authorization from the FCC. The Skyboxe Hub 4G combines hardware and data connectivity with entertainment and productivity software.
News categories: Skyboxe, Jeff Allen, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, USA
StarHub offers Antstream Arcade retro game streaming
Aug 26, 2020 – Antstream Arcade has partnered with StarHub to enable customers to experience gaming with zero lag on StarHub's 5G service. StarHub’s Mobile+ customers can now stream retro video games on almost any device of their choosing.
News categories: StarHub, Antstream, Donovan Kik, Steve Cottam, 5G, Gaming, OTT, Singapore
Spacecom and NOVELSAT demonstrate video delivery over AMOS-17 satellite
Aug 19, 2020 – Spacecom (TASE: SCC) and NOVELSAT have demonstrated end-to-end delivery of video over AMOS-17, from network core to network edge, serving user devices over a wireless network and showcasing a high-quality user experience.
News categories: Spacecom, NOVELSAT, Eran Shapiro, Aviv Ronai, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Viaccess-Orca 5G-compatible VR player deployed by PCCW Media
Jul 23, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its secure video player, supporting the delivery of virtual reality (VR) and 8K video over 5G networks, has been deployed by PCCW Media for its new VR content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Philippe Lasry, Belinda Chan, 5G, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, VR
5G expected to replace broadcast for TV content access
Jul 16, 2020 – According to a global survey of broadcasters, 82% believe that cellular networks like 5G will eventually replace traditional broadcast distribution as the preferred way to access TV content.
News categories: Nevion, Andy Rayner, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Digita complete DVB-T2 network upgrade in Finland
May 14, 2020 – In Finland, Rohde & Schwarz has announced the completion of a DVB-T2 terrestrial TV transmitter network upgrade that spans the entire country. Working with Digita, Rohde & Schwarz has supplied more than 80 UHF HD transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Digita Oy, Manfred Reitmeier, Pekka Mattila, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
Mar 29, 2020 – Velocix has introduced mobile-optimised CDN software targeting 5G video applications. The company uses multi-tier CDN delivery and inter-cache communications technology to reduce traffic demands over mobile backhaul networks by as much as 30%.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat