5G (LTE, 4G, 3G) Mobile Broadband News
Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
Nov 30, 2022 – Global 5G subscriptions remain on track to top one billion by the end of this year. The latest Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report also forecasts FWA connections to grow faster than previously expected.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
500 million connected cars provide major new opportunity for media companies
Oct 11, 2022 – The connected car market is the latest battleground for media companies, as they prepare to fight for a piece of an addressable market that will be comparable in scale to that of pay TV set-top boxes by 2025, according to Omdia.
News categories: Omdia, Daniel Sutton, 5G, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Worldwide
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
Sep 13, 2022 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL Deutschland have broadcast live TV content via the 5G standalone network of Deutsche Telekom. The technology was used by ntv for a live interview ahead of the Digital X tech trade fair in Cologne.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, RTL Deutschland, Claudia Nemat, Stephan Schmitter, 5G, Digital TV, Germany
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G Broadcast streaming to phones at IBC
Aug 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to deliver a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at IBC 2022 showcasing Broadcast/Multicast capabilities over 5G.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
DR, TV2 with R&S and Qualcomm show live 5G Broadcast at Tour de France in Copenhagen
Jul 20, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz has played a leading part in a public demonstration of the latest in mobile content delivery: 5G Broadcast. The presentation was made by Danish broadcasters DR and TV2, with special mobile devices provided by Qualcomm.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2022
Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
May 19, 2022 – Infovista has announced user experience testing solutions for resource intensive – and latency sensitive – OTT applications and interactive 5G services. The portfolio includes testing solutions for OTT video streaming.
News categories: Infovista, Dr. Irina Cotanis, 5G, Digital TV, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
May 15, 2022 – NOS has carried out the first international holographic transmission using 5G in Portugal. At the event, the director of 'Top Gun: Maverick' was transported as a hologram from London to Lisbon to take part in the press launch of the film in Portugal.
News categories: NOS, Jorge Graça, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Portugal, UK
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management