Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTTWednesday, January 18th, 2023
Standard Version 3.0 (ATSC 3.0) As The Standard For Free-To-Air Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) In The Republic of Trinidad And Tobago
Pursuant to section 45(2) of the Telecommunications Act Chap. 47:31, the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (the Authority) hereby notifies the public of its adoption of the Advanced Television Systems Committee digital television standard version 3.0 (ATSC 3.0) as the standard for free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT).
The adoption of the ATSC 3.0 standard is based on a requirement of the Authority’s Framework for Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (DTT Framework) which underwent two rounds of consultation.
The selection of ATSC 3.0 as the DTT standard included deliberations by the DTT Technical Working Group which comprised key stakeholders in the broadcast industry. The free-to-air television broadcast industry has therefore by consensus agreed to the adoption of ATSC 3.0 as the standard for DTT.
ATSC 3.0 is an advanced DTT standard that allows content to be delivered in up to 8K resolution and is based on Internet Protocol, thus, allowing modern entertainment experiences such as interactive viewing and datacasting services.
In March 2023, the Authority will recommence work with the broadcasting industry and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition to ATSC 3.0 by 2026. This will include ensuring ATSC 3.0 consumer devices are available in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics