Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku ChannelTuesday, January 31st, 2023
Roku Locks FAST Deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel; New FAST Channels Will Feature Popular Titles Including “Westworld,” “The Bachelor,” “Cake Boss,” “Say Yes to the Dress,” “F-Boy Island,” and More
- Warner Bros. branded FAST channels set to arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023
- In addition to bringing streamers new FAST channels, about 2000 hours of on-demand content featuring hundreds of iconic Warner Bros. Discovery TV series and movies will also land on The Roku Channel
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Roku, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) and Warner Bros. Discovery, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, have inked a groundbreaking deal to bring Warner Bros. branded FAST channels to The Roku Channel. Featuring popular premium content including “Westworld,” “The Bachelor,” “Cake Boss,” “Say Yes to the Dress,” “F-Boy Island,” and more, the channels will arrive on The Roku Channel in spring 2023.
On top of bringing streamers brand-new FAST channels, the deal will also usher in about 2000 hours of on-demand library programming to The Roku Channel. Hundreds of TV series and movies from Warner Bros. Discovery’s esteemed brand portfolio, including HBO, HBO Max, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television, and more, will now be available for audiences to stream for free on The Roku Channel.
Rob Holmes, vice president, programming, Roku: “As FAST continues to explode in popularity amongst cord-cutters, we’re seeing content players increasingly shift their focus towards capturing this audience, by bringing some of their best stuff to FAST. The rapid expansion of premium content on FAST is a win for both the viewer and content owner, as well as advertisers looking to reach these audiences through well-known programming. We’re delighted to be one of Warner Bros. Discovery’s inaugural FAST partners, and we look forward to introducing its incredible TV series, films, and entertainment brands to a whole new audience on The Roku Channel.”
The news builds on The Roku Channel’s significant enhancement of its FAST offering over the last year, with deals that added popular programming from AMC Networks, NBCUniversal, WMX (Warner Music Experience), the National Hockey League, and more to the service.
David Decker, President of Content Sales for Warner Bros. Discovery added: “We love working with world-class, cutting-edge partners like The Roku Channel. Their innovative platforms provide us with new ways to bring our valuable content to fans across the country.”
Links: Roku; Warner Bros. Discovery
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement