RDK (Reference Design Kit) News
TCS launches platform for RDK-based connected consumer experiences
Mar 24, 2021 – Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE:532540, NSE:TCS) has launched TCS Connected Consumer Home to enable media and communication service providers (CSPs) to offer connected consumer experiences based on RDK.
News categories: Tata Consultancy Services, RDK Management, Regu Ayyaswamy, Steve Heeb, Big Data, Digital TV, RDK, UX, Worldwide
Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
Mar 2, 2021 – Virgin Media has announced that the latest update in its TV line-up, Virgin TV 360, is now available to all its customers. Virgin TV 360 offers modern menus, quick navigation and a host of popular apps and channels all in one place.
News categories: Virgin Media, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Wyplay adds four TV operator customers in 2020
Feb 11, 2021 – Wyplay has announced that last year's turnover was over €10 million, with net profit up compared to 2019. In 2020, four new TV operators (two Android TV and two RDK) joined Wyplay's customer base.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Amlogic and Skyworth create Netflix-ready platform for RDK STBs
Jan 12, 2021 – Amlogic and Skyworth Digital have developed a Netflix pre-certified set-top box based on the RDK Video Accelerator. The box is an UHD IP-set top, running on Amlogic's S905X4 chipset.
News categories: Skyworth, Amlogic, Charlie Zheng, James Xie, CES, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi launches UI/UX application framework for RDK STBs
Dec 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has expanded its portfolio of RDK offerings by developing an end-to-end, full-stack UI/UX solution or reference application framework for RDK Video Accelerator set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Tata Elxsi, RDK, KP Sreekumar, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
CommScope contributes to USP Agent for RDK
Nov 17, 2020 – CommScope has collaborated with RDK Management on the User Services Platform (USP) Agent implementation for RDK. USP is the latest Broadband Forum remote management and control protocol for the connected home.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, John Blackford, Steve Heeb, CPE, RDK, Smart Home, Worldwide
DOTSCREEN offers Amazin'TV UI to RDK Community
Nov 16, 2020 – DOTSCREEN has integrated with RDK to bring Amazin’TV, its full-featured off-the-shelf User Interface, to the RDK community. Amazin’TV offers a fluid, intuitive design, tailored to both live and on demand TV experiences.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Stanislas Leridon, Digital TV, RDK, UX, Worldwide
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Fire TV has high penetration in Germany but falls behind on usage
Nov 9, 2020 – HbbTV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Tizen are today most often found in Germans' living rooms. However, when looking at actual usage, the importance of the TV platforms of Telekom, Vodafone and Sky is already becoming apparent.
News categories: TeraVolt, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026
- Kublai GmbH to complete takeover of Tele Columbus
- SITI Networks launches apps and Android TV STB with Nagra
- FreeWheel addressable technology unifies linear TV and digital video advertising
- Crackle app launches on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex
- Research suggests CTV ads more effective than linear
- Mowies optimizes cloud streaming workflow with Harmonic
- Mola TV taps Viaccess-Orca to monetize EPL video streaming
- Streamhub enhances video audience analytics with Kantar data
- Eurofins announces NEXTGEN TV test suite for 2022 receivers
- Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
- Roku Express 4K+ and Roku Voice Remote Pro launched in U.S.
- Fraunhofer and Sinclair working to bring Digital Radio Mondiale to ATSC 3.0
- Vodafone España adopts targeted content promotion from TiVo
- 3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
- LTN Global launches universal signaling for linear addressable TV advertising
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 10.4% in 2020