RDK (Reference Design Kit) News
Wyplay ends 2022 with turnover increase
Feb 16, 2023 – Wyplay has closed its 2022 financial year with a turnover of €11.3 million, up 21% versus 2021. Projects in 2022 included the deployment of an RDK STB at Nuuday and the launch of an Android TV solution at Sky New Zealand.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Element to launch 4K Ultra HD TVs with Xumo in 2023
Jan 5, 2023 – Xumo and Element Electronics plan to launch 4K Ultra HD smart TVs in the U.S. in 2023. Xumo, a JV between Comcast and Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR), was formed to develop a next-generation streaming platform for 4K streamers and smart TVs.
News categories: Xumo, Element Electronics, Marcien Jenckes, Vlad Kazhdan, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
Sercomm to showcase IP streamers and STBs at CES 2023
Dec 22, 2022 – Sercomm (TWSE: 5388) will showcase its newest innovations and solutions for broadband connectivity, smart home and home entertainment, including IP streamers and set-top boxes at CES 2023.
News categories: Sercomm, Android TV, CES2023, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Wyplay provides RDK professional services to Nuuday
Dec 14, 2022 – Wyplay is helping Nuuday to deliver digital TV customer experiences to Danish homes and businesses. Wyplay brings skilled resources into the project, from RDK drivers and middleware to UI.
News categories: Wyplay, Nuuday, Denmark, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UX
Irdeto to provide CA and multi-DRM to BCN Digital in India
Oct 13, 2022 – Irdeto has announced that BCN Digital will use Irdeto cybersecurity solutions to secure its content. Irdeto will provide the company with Conditional Access for its IPTV services and multi-DRM for its OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, BCN Digital, Shane McCarthy, Srinivas Raju Rudraraju, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, India, RDK, Set Top Box, Streaming
Jiuzhou and Realtek launch 4K RDK Video Accelerator STB
Sep 28, 2022 – Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric and Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) have announced an RDK4.0-based 4K Linux OTT/IPTV Video Accelerator set-top box. The Realtek RTD1319 chipset-based box can be customized to meet the needs of operators.
News categories: Shenzhen Jiuzhou Electric, Realtek, Richard Han, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028