CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
TELUS to deploy CommScope service management platform
Mar 29, 2022 – CommScope will provide TELUS with its cloud-based ECO Service Management Platform to manage the service providers's connected home CPE. The platform automates the management and control of CommScope and third-party CPE devices.
News categories: CommScope, TELUS, Charles Cheevers, Tim Fell, Canada, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
CommScope postpones plan to spin-off Home Networks division
Feb 17, 2022 – In light of the ongoing impact of supply chain pressures on the Home Networks business, CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has decided that market conditions are not currently conducive to proceeding with the planned spin-off of Home Networks into an independent company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, CPE, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FTC charges Broadcom with illegal monopolization
Jul 2, 2021 – The Federal Trade Commission has issued a complaint charging Broadcom with illegally monopolizing markets for semiconductor components used to deliver TV and broadband internet services through exclusive dealing and related conduct.
News categories: Federal Trade Commission, Broadcom, Holly Vedova, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
Apr 8, 2021 – CommScope (NASDAQ: COMM) has announced a plan to spin-off its Home Networks business. The separation is intended to be executed through a spin-off to CommScope shareholders of a new independent publicly traded company.
News categories: CommScope, Chuck Treadway, Joe Chow, CPE, Digital TV, MandA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FCC seeks to expedite release of new devices and technologies
Dec 10, 2020 – The FCC has proposed enhancements to its rules to grant limited, early-stage flexibility to innovators to accelerate the deployment of consumer devices like cellphones, laptops, and Wi-Fi routers after FCC authorization.
News categories: FCC, CPE, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
CommScope contributes to USP Agent for RDK
Nov 17, 2020 – CommScope has collaborated with RDK Management on the User Services Platform (USP) Agent implementation for RDK. USP is the latest Broadband Forum remote management and control protocol for the connected home.
News categories: CommScope, RDK Management, John Blackford, Steve Heeb, CPE, RDK, Smart Home, Worldwide
EU accepts competition commitments by Broadcom for modem and STB markets
Oct 7, 2020 – Broadcom will suspend all existing agreements containing exclusivity or quasi-exclusivity arrangements and/or leveraging provisions concerning SoCs for TV set-top boxes and Internet modems.
News categories: European Commission, Broadcom, CPE, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC22, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
Dec 18, 2018 – On Dec. 21, AT&T will be the first and only company in the U.S. to offer a mobile 5G device over a commercial, standards-based mobile 5G network. The 5G network is already live in parts of 12 U.S. cities.
News categories: AT&T, Andre Fuetsch, Mo Katibeh, 5G, Router, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management