HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC20, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
Dec 18, 2018 – On Dec. 21, AT&T will be the first and only company in the U.S. to offer a mobile 5G device over a commercial, standards-based mobile 5G network. The 5G network is already live in parts of 12 U.S. cities.
News categories: AT&T, Andre Fuetsch, Mo Katibeh, 5G, Router, USA
Liberty Global rolls out 10 millionth Connect Box
Jul 3, 2018 – Liberty Global’s Connect Box, a modem and WiFi gateway, is now in more than 10 million homes across Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean. The router has now been rolled out to more than half of Liberty Global’s broadband customers in Europe.
News categories: Liberty Global, Doron Hacmon, Cable TV, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Router, Smart Home
DOCOMO PACIFIC selects ARRIS video gateway and router
Jun 1, 2017 – DOCOMO PACIFIC is partnering with ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) to offer an advanced whole home TV service—featuring live, on demand, and streaming capabilities—for its customers in Guam and the Mariana Islands.
News categories: ARRIS, DOCOMO PACIFIC, Bill Ko, Jonathan Kriegel, Broadband, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Micronesia, Router
Deutsche Telekom rolls out router update to support its SmartHome offering
May 16, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom wants to smooth the way for its customers into the smart, connected homes – and is integrating the features for using its Magenta SmartHome offering in the Speedport Smart router.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Henri Vandré, Germany, Router, Smart Home
TeamF1 Networks provides home gateway for Reliance Jio
Mar 1, 2017 – Reliance Jio has built an all-IP network with 4G LTE technology. TeamF1 Networks, a subsidiary of D-Link (India), has announced its partnership with Jio for delivering the home gateway solution.
News categories: TeamF1 Networks, Reliance Jio, Dr. Ted Kuo, India, IPTV, Router
Bell Canada offers world's first fully wireless 4K IPTV service
Aug 29, 2016 – Bell has announced the availability of the Home Hub 3000, offering the most powerful home Wi-Fi service in Canada, and the world's first fully wireless IPTV service with the Wireless 4K Whole Home PVR from Fibe TV.
News categories: Bell Canada, Rizwan Jamal, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Router
Tricolor TV to deploy Eutelsat multiscreen video delivery service
Jul 27, 2016 – Tricolor TV and Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) have announce that they are deploying the first network in Russia to use SmartBeam, Eutelsat's multi-screen video delivery solution. SmartBeam opens the door to the deployment of the first satellite network in Russia to deliver video content to mobile devices.
News categories: Eutelsat, Tricolor TV, Rodolphe Belmer, Alexei Kholodov, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Russia, Satellite, Smart Home
DLNA announces 3.0 Certification Program and updated Interoperability Guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has announced that it has expanded the DLNA Certification Program to give CE manufacturers more options for certifying their products based on how they plan to differentiate them in the market.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Donna Moore, Digital TV, Mobile, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage