MWC23 (Mobile World Congress 2023): February 27-March 2, 2023: Barcelona, Spain
CARIAD launches app store for Volkswagen Group cars
Mar 1, 2023 – CARIAD has launches an application store for Volkswagen Group car brands. CARIAD is working with HARMAN to create an open ecosystem for apps that drivers can use in their cars' infotainment systems.
News categories: CARIAD, HARMAN, Audi, Dirk Hilgenberg, Huibert Verhoeven, Oliver Hoffmann, Apps, In-Car, MWC23, Worldwide
Ateme 5G streaming integrated with AWS 5G MEC infrastructure
Feb 28, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its 5G media streaming solution is now integrated into Amazon Web Services' AWS Wavelength 5G Mobile-Access Edge Computing (MEC) infrastructure.
News categories: Ateme, AWS, Williams Tovar, 5G, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
Varnish, Intel and Supermicro achieve streaming throughput record
Feb 22, 2023 – Varnish Software, with Intel and Supermicro, has announced new content delivery milestones having achieved over 1.3 Tbps throughput on a single Edge server consuming 1,120 watts, resulting in 1.17 Gbps per Watt.
News categories: Varnish Software, Supermicro, Intel Corp, Frank Miller, Michael McNerney, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
InterDigital to show wireless, video, and AI/ML innovations at MWC 2023
Feb 21, 2023 – At MWC, InterDigital (Nasdaq: IDCC) will show solutions that use AI/ML to enhance wireless networks with the bandwidth and latency required for immersive use cases, rendering and delivery of HDR content, and sensory-enhanced video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Rajesh Pankaj, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, MWC23, Worldwide
Ateme video-delivery solution validated on Red Hat Kubernetes platform
Feb 21, 2023 – Ateme's live video encoding and delivery suite, including its transcoders and NEA packaging, and CDN solutions, are now validated cloud-native network functions (CNFs) on the Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes platform.
News categories: Ateme, Red Hat, Mickael Raulet, Honoré LaBourdette, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
MwareTV to show simple route to TV service launch at MWC 2023
Feb 15, 2023 – At Mobile World Congress 2023, MwareTV will show how easy it is to set up a TV service. The MwareTV proposition is a comprehensive cloud-based content platform, ready for roll out anywhere in the world.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
Witbe to unveil automated testing for short-form videos at MWC 2023
Feb 15, 2023 – At MWC Barcelona 2023, Witbe will showcase its technology for automated testing and proactive monitoring, including advancements in short-form video testing, its complete lineup of Witbox products, and more.
News categories: Witbe, Mathieu Planche, Digital TV, MWC23, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telefónica to bring TV-commerce to Movistar Plus+ with Amazon
Feb 25, 2022 – Telefónica is to launch a TV-Commerce App on Movistar Plus+ to browse a wide selection of items (over 20,000 home products) available on Amazon.es through the Living App 'Selección Hogar de Movistar'.
News categories: Telefónica, AWS, Jose Cerdán, Adolfo Hernandez, Apps, Digital TV, MWC23, Smart Home, Spain
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification