MWC23 (Mobile World Congress 2023): February 27-March 2, 2023: Barcelona, Spain
CARIAD launches app store for Volkswagen Group cars
Mar 1, 2023 – CARIAD has launches an application store for Volkswagen Group car brands. CARIAD is working with HARMAN to create an open ecosystem for apps that drivers can use in their cars' infotainment systems.
News categories: CARIAD, HARMAN, Audi, Dirk Hilgenberg, Huibert Verhoeven, Oliver Hoffmann, Apps, In-Car, MWC23, Worldwide
Ateme 5G streaming integrated with AWS 5G MEC infrastructure
Feb 28, 2023 – Ateme has announced that its 5G media streaming solution is now integrated into Amazon Web Services' AWS Wavelength 5G Mobile-Access Edge Computing (MEC) infrastructure.
News categories: Ateme, AWS, Williams Tovar, 5G, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
Live demonstration of 5G Broadcast on show at MWC 2023
Feb 24, 2023 – Rohde & Schwarz is leading a live demonstration of 5G Broadcast at MWC 2023 in Barcelona. The proof of concept will see a broadcast stream transmitted across the city, showing its value as a means of delivering media and multicasting data.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Spain, Worldwide
Varnish, Intel and Supermicro achieve streaming throughput record
Feb 22, 2023 – Varnish Software, with Intel and Supermicro, has announced new content delivery milestones having achieved over 1.3 Tbps throughput on a single Edge server consuming 1,120 watts, resulting in 1.17 Gbps per Watt.
News categories: Varnish Software, Supermicro, Intel Corp, Frank Miller, Michael McNerney, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
InterDigital to show wireless, video, and AI/ML innovations at MWC 2023
Feb 21, 2023 – At MWC, InterDigital (Nasdaq: IDCC) will show solutions that use AI/ML to enhance wireless networks with the bandwidth and latency required for immersive use cases, rendering and delivery of HDR content, and sensory-enhanced video experiences.
News categories: InterDigital, Rajesh Pankaj, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, Mobile, MWC23, Worldwide
Ateme video-delivery solution validated on Red Hat Kubernetes platform
Feb 21, 2023 – Ateme's live video encoding and delivery suite, including its transcoders and NEA packaging, and CDN solutions, are now validated cloud-native network functions (CNFs) on the Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes platform.
News categories: Ateme, Red Hat, Mickael Raulet, Honoré LaBourdette, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Worldwide
MwareTV to show simple route to TV service launch at MWC 2023
Feb 15, 2023 – At Mobile World Congress 2023, MwareTV will show how easy it is to set up a TV service. The MwareTV proposition is a comprehensive cloud-based content platform, ready for roll out anywhere in the world.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
Witbe to unveil automated testing for short-form videos at MWC 2023
Feb 15, 2023 – At MWC Barcelona 2023, Witbe will showcase its technology for automated testing and proactive monitoring, including advancements in short-form video testing, its complete lineup of Witbox products, and more.
News categories: Witbe, Mathieu Planche, Digital TV, MWC23, QoE, Streaming, Worldwide
Telefónica to bring TV-commerce to Movistar Plus+ with Amazon
Feb 25, 2022 – Telefónica is to launch a TV-Commerce App on Movistar Plus+ to browse a wide selection of items (over 20,000 home products) available on Amazon.es through the Living App 'Selección Hogar de Movistar'.
News categories: Telefónica, AWS, Jose Cerdán, Adolfo Hernandez, Apps, Digital TV, MWC23, Smart Home, Spain
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media
- CHiQ launches latest Google TV series in Europe
- Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
- BMW 5 Series to include TiVo video media platform
- Chopin launches streaming service in Poland with Nagra
- Airtel Digital TV subscribers down 39,000 in 1Q 2023
- HBO Max becomes Max
- Tele Columbus selects NAGRA as solution provider for PŸUR TV
- Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
- Comcast introduces NOW TV in the U.S.