The Maldives (Republic of Maldives) Digital TV News
Ateme headend powers Ooredoo TV
Oct 13, 2022 – Ooredoo has gone live with an IPTV/OTT converged headend powered by Ateme TITAN encoders. Ooredoo delivers mobile, broadband and corporate services in the Middle East, North Africa and SE Asia.
News categories: Ateme, Ooredoo, Rajesh Jagadish, Saoud Al-Shammeri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Middle-East, The Maldives
Medianet provides multi-screen IPTV in the Maldives with SmartLabs
Jul 12, 2021 – Medianet has chosen SmartLabs for its multi-screen, multi-network IPTV streaming offer in the Maldives. SmartLabs used Medianet’s existing hardware and migrated its previous offering to Android AOSP for set top boxes.
News categories: SmartLabs, Medianet, Gary Hamer, Ahmed Shafeeu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
Nov 18, 2020 – Minerva Networks and SDMC have announced that they have completed the integration of an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators. Recent deployments include E-Networks of Guyana, Comteco in Bolivia, and Dhiraagu in the Maldives.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SDMC, Randy Osborne, Laurence Yan, Android TV, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guyana, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
Dhiraagu rolls out IPTV on Meedhoo in the Maldives
Dec 25, 2018 – Dhiraagu, the largest provider of telecommunications and digital services in the Maldives, has announced the roll out of High-speed fibre and IPTV services in R. Meedhoo. Apart from R. Meedhoo, two other islands of R Atoll have Dhiraagu Fibre To The Home and Dhiraagu TV Service.
News categories: Dhiraagu, Digital TV, IPTV, The Maldives
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, BroadcastAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029