The Maldives (Republic of Maldives) Digital TV News
Dhiraagu rolls out IPTV on Meedhoo in the Maldives
Dec 25, 2018 – Dhiraagu, the largest provider of telecommunications and digital services in the Maldives, has announced the roll out of High-speed fibre and IPTV services in R. Meedhoo. Apart from R. Meedhoo, two other islands of R Atoll have Dhiraagu Fibre To The Home and Dhiraagu TV Service.
News categories: Dhiraagu, Digital TV, IPTV, The Maldives
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
iflix now available in the Maldives
Nov 18, 2016 – iflix has announced the launch of its service in the Maldives. Consumers can sign up for a 30-day free trial via iflix’s website giving them access to thousands of TV shows, movies and more on every device they own.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, The Maldives
Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
Jan 27, 2015 – Ooredoo Maldives has announced the launch of Live TV in partnership with PlayCast Maldives. PlayCast Maldives is providing the service for the first time via Ooredoo 3G+ and 4G LTE network, exclusively to Ooredoo customers.
News categories: Ooredoo, SP Sarathy, Mohamed Fayaz, Cable TV, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
Dhiraagu launches multiscreen IPTV in the Maldives
Jan 25, 2015 – Dhiraagu, the leading telecommunications company in the Maldives, has unveiled DhiraaguTV giving the flexibility for customers to watch live TV on smartphones, tablets, and laptops or on their personal computers.
News categories: Dhiraagu, Mohamed Fahir, Digital TV, IPTV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
Dec 17, 2014 – According to local reports, the Maldives Broadcasting Commission has issued a licence to Play Cast Maldives to provide cable TV services in the country. Trials are expected to begin in January, with full operations starting a few months after.
News categories: Maldives Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, IPTV, The Maldives
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos