The Maldives (Republic of Maldives) Digital TV News
Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
Nov 18, 2020 – Minerva Networks and SDMC have announced that they have completed the integration of an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators. Recent deployments include E-Networks of Guyana, Comteco in Bolivia, and Dhiraagu in the Maldives.
News categories: Minerva Networks, SDMC, Randy Osborne, Laurence Yan, Android TV, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Guyana, Set Top Box, The Maldives
Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
Nov 18, 2020 – Medianet is using content-aware encoding from Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) to optimize video streaming and TV service delivery in the Maldives. The solution reduces CDN costs while enabling the delivery of video to subscribers on all screens.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
Nov 21, 2019 – Minerva Networks has announced that Dhiraagu will use the Minerva 10 platform to power its TV services in the Maldives. The Minerva platform brings improvements to the UX, adds new services and enables viewing on mobile and streaming media devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Dhiraagu, Marco Bonomi, Mahmoud Dasser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, The Maldives, UX
Dhiraagu rolls out IPTV on Meedhoo in the Maldives
Dec 25, 2018 – Dhiraagu, the largest provider of telecommunications and digital services in the Maldives, has announced the roll out of High-speed fibre and IPTV services in R. Meedhoo. Apart from R. Meedhoo, two other islands of R Atoll have Dhiraagu Fibre To The Home and Dhiraagu TV Service.
News categories: Dhiraagu, Digital TV, IPTV, The Maldives
Medianet chooses Harmonic for UHD football broadcasting in the Maldives
Jun 28, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Medianet, a leading pay-TV operator in the Maldives, has deployed a UHD contribution and video processing solution from Harmonic for broadcasting sports events.
News categories: Harmonic, Medianet, Tony Berthaud, Ahmed Shakeeb, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, The Maldives
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
SAARC Pay TV and SVOD subscribers to reach 371 million in 2023
Jun 8, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay TV and OTT (SVOD) subscribers in SAARC countries are projected to reach 371 million in 2023, growing at a CAGR of 7.4% compared to 226 million in 2017.
News categories: Dataxis, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, The Maldives
2.8 million SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries in Q2 2017
Oct 13, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, SVOD subscribers in SAARC countries reached 2.8 million at a quarter on quarter rate of 89%, compared to 1.5 million in the second quarter of 2016. India is by far the biggest SVOD market.
News categories: Dataxis, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Myanmar, Nepal, OTT, Pakistan, Subscribers, The Maldives
iflix now available in the Maldives
Nov 18, 2016 – iflix has announced the launch of its service in the Maldives. Consumers can sign up for a 30-day free trial via iflix’s website giving them access to thousands of TV shows, movies and more on every device they own.
News categories: iflix, Mark Britt, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, The Maldives
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand