Licensing (Patents, Royalties, …) News
Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
Sep 25, 2023 – The District Court of Munich has ruled that Netflix is infringing a Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) patent related to HEVC/H.265 video coding. The court has issued a cease-and-desist injunction.
News categories: Broadcom, Netflix, Mark Terrano, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Patent, Semiconductor
Avanci Broadcast adds ETRI, KPN, NEC & NERC-DTV as ATSC 3.0 IP licensors
May 22, 2023 – Avanci Broadcast, the one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0, has announced the addition of four new licensors - ETRI, KPN, NEC and NERC-DTV.
News categories: Avanci Broadcast, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Via Licensing and MPEG LA combine to become Via LA
May 2, 2023 – Via Licensing and MPEG LA have united to form the Via Licensing Alliance (Via LA), a licensing organization with a rich portfolio of patents and intellectual property licensing programs.
News categories: Via Licensing Alliance, Heath Hoglund, Larry Horn, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Patent, Worldwide
Avanci one-stop licensing platform for ATSC 3.0 launched
Mar 7, 2023 – Avanci has launched Avanci Broadcast, a patent licensing platform for the ATSC 3.0 broadcasting standard, offering a simple pricing model for manufacturers that implement the technology.
News categories: Avanci, Kasim Alfalahi, Ilkka Rahnasto, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, USA, Worldwide
MPEG LA revises terms to encourage VVC adoption
Nov 7, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced measures to bring its pool license for VVC into conformity with market realities that will free implementers to invest in VVC adoption.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA sues Samsung for HEVC patents infringement
Mar 28, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that enforcement actions have been brought in Landgericht Düsseldorf, Germany against Samsung Electronics for infringement of patents in MPEG LA's HEVC Patent Portfolio License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Samsung, Digital TV, Germany, Media Player, Patent, Smart TV
MPEG LA expands AVC license to include complete MVC coverage
Mar 17, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that its AVC Patent Portfolio License has been expanded to provide coverage for the entire Multiview Video Coding (MVC) portion of the AVC specifications, including the MVC profiles covered by MPEG LA's MVC License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA introduces patent pool license for VVC
Jan 27, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the VVC Patent Portfolio License which includes patents that are essential to the Versatile Video Coding (VVC, also known as H.266 and MPEG-I Part 3) standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data