Licensing (Patents, Royalties, …) News
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Vestel licenses Daewoo TV brand for Europe and Central Asia
May 21, 2021 – Vestel Ticaret has signed a licensing agreement with Posco International for the development, production, sales, marketing and distribution of TVs and household appliances under the Daewoo brand in 49 countries.
News categories: Vestel, Posco International, Central Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Licensing, Smart TV, Turkey
V-Nova announces LCEVC licensing terms
May 20, 2021 – V-Nova has announced licensing terms for V-Nova LCEVC. V-Nova LCEVC is an implementation of MPEG-5 Part 2 LCEVC, the codec-agnostic ISO/IEC enhancement standard capable of providing up to 40% lower bitrates than codecs used natively.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
Vodafone extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Feb 16, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced a renewal with Vodafone for a range of TiVo products, including Content Discovery, Conversational Voice and Insight Data Analytics.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Vodafone, Matt Milne, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Patent, UX, Worldwide
Sharp renews TiVo G-Guide licensing
Feb 16, 2021 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced an agreement with Sharp to use TiVo's G-Guide products across compatible television and Ultra HD Blu-ray recorder products in the Japanese market.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Sharp Corp, Matt Milne, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Patent, Smart TV, UX
Roku acquires Quibi’s global content distribution rights
Jan 8, 2021 – The Roku Channel (NASDAQ: ROKU) will become the exclusive place to stream more than 75 premium shows and documentaries that Quibi created in conjunction with Hollywood’s leading studios and production companies.
News categories: Roku, Rob Holmes, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, OTT, Worldwide
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Xperi and Comcast agree patent licensing deal
Nov 9, 2020 – Xperi (NASDAQ: XPER) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) have announced that they have entered into a 15-year patent license agreement. The agreement resolves all of the outstanding litigation between the companies.
News categories: Xperi Holding, Comcast, Samir Armaly, Peter Kiriacoulacos, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution