Licensing (Patents, Royalties, …) News
MPEG LA sues Samsung for HEVC patents infringement
Mar 28, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that enforcement actions have been brought in Landgericht Düsseldorf, Germany against Samsung Electronics for infringement of patents in MPEG LA's HEVC Patent Portfolio License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Samsung, Digital TV, Germany, Media Player, Patent, Smart TV
MPEG LA expands AVC license to include complete MVC coverage
Mar 17, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced that its AVC Patent Portfolio License has been expanded to provide coverage for the entire Multiview Video Coding (MVC) portion of the AVC specifications, including the MVC profiles covered by MPEG LA's MVC License.
News categories: MPEG LA, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA introduces patent pool license for VVC
Jan 27, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of the VVC Patent Portfolio License which includes patents that are essential to the Versatile Video Coding (VVC, also known as H.266 and MPEG-I Part 3) standard.
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
Jan 20, 2022 – MPEG LA has announced the availability of its ATSC 3.0 Patent Portfolio License providing one-stop access to patents that are essential to the next generation broadcast standard developed by the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
News categories: MPEG LA, Larry Horn, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Microsoft joins HEVC Advance patent pool
Dec 24, 2021 – Access Advance has announced that Microsoft has become a Licensor and Licensee of the HEVC Advance Patent Pool. All of Microsoft's HEVC/H.265 essential patents are now included under the HEVC Advance Patent Pool license.
News categories: Access Advance, Microsoft, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
UEI wins patent infringement case against Roku
Dec 15, 2021 – The U.S. ITC has issued a final determination in UEI's [NASDAQ: UEIC] patent infringement case against Roku, concluding that several Roku products infringe a UEI patent and barring the importation and sale of those products.
News categories: Universal Electronics, Roku, Richard A. Firehammer, Jr, Digital TV, Patent, USA
Roku signs IP license agreement with DivX
Nov 15, 2021 – DivX has signed an intellectual property (IP) license agreement with Roku. DivX plans to continue its patent licensing as a world leader in the research and development of digital video technology.
News categories: DivX, Roku, Brian Way, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Xperi announces second quarter 2021 results
Aug 3, 2021 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021. During the quarter Xperi signed a license agreement with Hotwire Communications for the TiVo IPTV platform.
News categories: Xperi, Hotwire Communications, Broadcast, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Licensing, Patent, Results, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Vewd acquired by Xperi
- FIFA+ to launch on Hisense VIDAA TVs ahead of World Cup
- inext provides Android STB for Kyivstar in Ukraine
- iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
- 58% of TV subscribers in Portugal are on fibre
- Nielsen Admosphere to implement cross-platform TV audience measurement in the Czech Republic
- ASTA-NET selects CryptoGuard to secure IPTV services in Poland
- Redge Technologies extends contract with TVN Warner Bros. Discovery
- ViX+, TelevisaUnivision’s premium SVOD tier, debuts on July 21
- Eurofins releases updated NEXTGEN TV logo certification test suite
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience