IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung 2020): September 3-5, 2020: Messe Berlin
Health uncertainties force IFA Berlin 2021 cancellation
May 19, 2021 – IFA 2021 will not take place in September as a physical live event as originally planned. The organisers are now working to get everything ready for IFA 2022, a full-scale live event at the Berlin exhibition grounds.
News categories: Messe Berlin, gfu, Martin Ecknig, Kai Hillebrandt, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, Worldwide
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom launches first Smart Speaker from Europe
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has launched a Smart Speaker. The Smart Speaker turns a voice into a remote control. It is now possible to simply use voice commands to operate Deutsche Telekom offerings such as MagentaTV, Magenta SmartHome, and telephone services.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Germany, IFA, Smart Home
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom media receivers awarded the Blue Angel
Sep 4, 2017 – The Blue Angel has being conferred on Deutsche Telekom's Media Receiver Entry and Media Receiver 201 at the IFA trade show in Berlin. The two products are the first and only set top boxes in the world to carry the German Federal Government’s ecolabel.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, UBA, Blue Angel, Michael Hagspihl, Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV
- Claro Box TV streaming in Colombia powered by Harmonic
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 68,000 in 3Q 2021
- Vodafone España provides real-time accurate EPG with Alpha Networks and MediaData TV
- Vewd and Mediatek bring entertainment to vehicle rear-seats
- Conviva expands into advertising audience measurement