IFA2019 (Internationale Funkausstellung 2019): September 6-11, 2019: Messe Berlin
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom launches first Smart Speaker from Europe
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has launched a Smart Speaker. The Smart Speaker turns a voice into a remote control. It is now possible to simply use voice commands to operate Deutsche Telekom offerings such as MagentaTV, Magenta SmartHome, and telephone services.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Germany, IFA2019, Smart Home
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA2019, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom media receivers awarded the Blue Angel
Sep 4, 2017 – The Blue Angel has being conferred on Deutsche Telekom's Media Receiver Entry and Media Receiver 201 at the IFA trade show in Berlin. The two products are the first and only set top boxes in the world to carry the German Federal Government’s ecolabel.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, UBA, Blue Angel, Michael Hagspihl, Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES, Digital TV, IFA2019, Licensing, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos