Vodafone TV PLAY smart entertainment hub launched in IrelandMonday, January 8th, 2024
Feel closer to the action with New Vodafone TV PLAY – The all-in-one smart entertainment hub and soundbar with Google Assistant voice commands and built-in sound designed by Bang & Olufsen, Dolby Atmos immersive audio and NOW TV
- Vodafone partnered with Bang & Olufsen to design a fully integrated smart entertainment hub with Dolby Atmos sound.
- A refreshed user interface offers personalised and immediate access over to 100+ live channels with HD, along with access to a whole host of streaming apps like NOW TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+.
- A range of flexible packages are available to suit different households’ entertainment needs start at €65 a month for broadband and TV, €70 for broadband, TV and NOW Entertainment and €95 for broadband, TV and NOW Sports and Boost. Meaning customers can continue to have access to their favourite SKY channels, like Sky Atlantic, Sky Sports, & Sky Cinema.
Today, Vodafone unveils its new TV offering, Vodafone TV PLAY – an all-in-one smart entertainment hub and soundbar. TV PLAY offers sound designed by Bang & Olufsen and supports cutting edge capabilities like Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, 4K ULTRA HD picture, Google Assistant, Chromecast built-in™ capabilities, along with the best channels, sports and streaming services all in one place.
Vodafone TV PLAY is more than just a TV box, it is the first smart entertainment hub of its kind in Ireland to include Immersive built-in audio, designed by Bang & Olufsen and Dolby Atmos** technology. Customers can enjoy a richer, multidimensional audio experience through their speaker with Dolby Atmos, seamlessly stream their favourite movies and TV series, and also enjoy their favourite music through built in Bluetooth and Chromecast built in capabilities – all through a single device.
Vodafone TV PLAY not only offers access to all streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, RTÉ Player, Virgin Media Player and TG4 Player, but it also offers a variety of NOW TV bundles and passes, which can be added to the customer’s Vodafone bill at a discount, meaning they won’t miss out on their favourite channels and content.
Amanda Nelson, CEO at Vodafone Ireland said: “At Vodafone, innovation is paramount when designing products so we can bring customer experience to the next level. Vodafone TV Play is a game changer as it offers our customers amazing new features like, an integrated soundbar with sound optimised by Bang & Olufsen along with Dolby Atmos immersive audio, that fills rooms with cinema-quality audio, HD picture quality and integrated Google features like Google Assistant and Google Play, whilst also ensuring access to all their favourite channels and streaming platforms”.
“I am excited to launch this new home entertainment experience with a fantastic range of TV and broadband bundles that give real value savings for both new and existing Vodafone customers”.
Customers can also benefit from a whole range of features including free and easy self-installation, 100+ live TV and radio channels with HD, seamless access to a variety of streaming content platforms, voice command, record, playback and restart functionality. There are three new Vodafone TV PLAY plans which offer TV and Vodafone 500 Mbps broadband plus access to NOW TV benefits, depending on the chosen subscription:
- Broadband & TV at €65 per month including all the benefits of Vodafone TV PLAY and broadband.
- Broadband & TV Entertainment at €70 per month including all the benefits of Vodafone TV PLAY and broadband, access to Sky Atlantic and more with a NOW Entertainment Membership.
- Broadband & TV Sports at €95 per month including all the benefits of Vodafone TV PLAY and broadband, access to all 11 Sky Sport Channels with NOW Sports along with NOW Boost Membership for an enhanced streaming performance.
With hands-free voice control via Google Assistant means customers can ditch the remote and use their voice to search and access the content they want. With a Chromecast built-in, customers can stream and cast their favourite music and content from any device. Users will also experience an updated menu and content interface, offering immediate access to a wide range of applications, including an area to manage their Vodafone subscriptions designed to ensure a seamless and more personalised experience.
New and existing Vodafone TV and broadband customers will benefit from Vodafone’s fair pricing structure, which breaks away from the industry norm by treating every customer the same and not increasing the monthly bill after the minimum contract term.