Baltics Digital TV News
Baltcom adds CryptoGuard security for cable TV digitisation
Jun 15, 2020 – CryptoGuard has announced that Baltcom has deployed CryptoGuard CAS to secure its digital cable TV services. Baltcom is Latvia's second largest TV and internet service provider with fiber optic coverage across the country.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Baltcom, Krzysztof Wieczorek, Kjell Carlswärd, Dmitrijs Nikitins, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latvia
Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
May 22, 2020 – Telecentras and Bitė Lietuva have signed an agreement under which Bitė is to acquire Telecentro’s Internet, data transmission and IPTV business in Lithuania, which is being developed under the Mezon brand.
News categories: Bitė Lietuva, Telecentras, Pranas Kuisys, Vidas Danielius, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MnA
TV3 Group launches Go3 OTT service with Atende Software
Mar 18, 2020 – TV3 Group (former known as All Media Baltics) has launched its Go3 OTT service in the Baltic region. The Go3 platform is based on technology developed by Atende Software. Atende Software’s also developed the user interface.
News categories: Atende Software, TV3 Group, Przemysław Frasunek, Baltics, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UX
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
Telecentras and LG to introduce HbbTV for Smart TVs in Lithuania
Apr 18, 2019 – The Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre (Telecentras) and LG Electronics have agreed a cooperation aimed at introducing HbbTV intended for smart TVs. The launch of HbbTV in Lithuania is scheduled for the first half of this year.
News categories: Telecentras, LG Electronics, Remigijus Šeris, Digital TV, HbbTV, Lithuania, Smart TV, Terrestrial
LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
Feb 22, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that LMT has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its live OTT service, delivered to TVs via 4G set-top boxes. Using the technology, LMT can deliver a video with up to a 40% reduction in bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, LMT, Ian Graham, Edgars Gončars, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile, OTT
Telia Estonia selects ATEME to power new OTT offering
Dec 6, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Telia Estonia has selected ATEME’s TITAN solution to compress and package its next generation OTT offering. The project aims to extend the reach of HD services throughout Estonia and introduces new packaging formats.
News categories: ATEME, Telia, Igor Stankovic, Oliver Mändla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, OTT
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente
- Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast virtualize NextGen TV Broadcast Internet
- Italy set for video entertainment surge in 2021