Iran Digital TV News
Baran Telecom selects PerceptionTV to bring IPTV services to Iran
Mar 1, 2016 – PerceptionTV Lhas announced that its Perception platform has been chosen by Baran Telecom as the preferred platform for a new IPTV service in Iran. Perception was chosen for its unique end-to-end capability to quickly roll out IPTV to any connected device.
News categories: PerceptionTV, Baran Telecom, John Mills, Kaivan Jamehbozorg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Iran, Middleware, Mobile
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Iran opens digital television factory
Nov 22, 2010 – Iran's Minister of Industries and Mines, Ali-Akbar Mehrabian, has inaugurated Iran's first digital TV production line in Savojbolagh, Alborz province. The factory will produce DVB-T capable LCD and LED TVs in various sizes from 32 to 55 inches.
News categories: Iran, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Iran can watch TV on cell phones
Mar 15, 2008 – Cell phones bring TV services to Iranian mobile users, utilising the latest technology in Digital Video Broadcasting-Handheld (DVB-H).
News categories: IRIB, Digital TV, Iran, Mobile
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 – S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite - the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Iran, Mobile
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand