Iran Digital TV News
Baran Telecom selects PerceptionTV to bring IPTV services to Iran
Mar 1, 2016 – PerceptionTV Lhas announced that its Perception platform has been chosen by Baran Telecom as the preferred platform for a new IPTV service in Iran. Perception was chosen for its unique end-to-end capability to quickly roll out IPTV to any connected device.
News categories: PerceptionTV, Baran Telecom, John Mills, Kaivan Jamehbozorg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Iran, Middleware, Mobile
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Iran opens digital television factory
Nov 22, 2010 – Iran's Minister of Industries and Mines, Ali-Akbar Mehrabian, has inaugurated Iran's first digital TV production line in Savojbolagh, Alborz province. The factory will produce DVB-T capable LCD and LED TVs in various sizes from 32 to 55 inches.
News categories: Iran, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Iran can watch TV on cell phones
Mar 15, 2008 – Cell phones bring TV services to Iranian mobile users, utilising the latest technology in Digital Video Broadcasting-Handheld (DVB-H).
News categories: IRIB, Digital TV, Iran, Mobile
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 – S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite - the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBC2022, Iran, Mobile
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June