Iran Digital TV News
Baran Telecom selects PerceptionTV to bring IPTV services to Iran
Mar 1, 2016 – PerceptionTV Lhas announced that its Perception platform has been chosen by Baran Telecom as the preferred platform for a new IPTV service in Iran. Perception was chosen for its unique end-to-end capability to quickly roll out IPTV to any connected device.
News categories: PerceptionTV, Baran Telecom, John Mills, Kaivan Jamehbozorg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Iran, Middleware, Mobile
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Iran opens digital television factory
Nov 22, 2010 – Iran's Minister of Industries and Mines, Ali-Akbar Mehrabian, has inaugurated Iran's first digital TV production line in Savojbolagh, Alborz province. The factory will produce DVB-T capable LCD and LED TVs in various sizes from 32 to 55 inches.
News categories: Iran, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Iran can watch TV on cell phones
Mar 15, 2008 – Cell phones bring TV services to Iranian mobile users, utilising the latest technology in Digital Video Broadcasting-Handheld (DVB-H).
News categories: IRIB, Digital TV, Iran, Mobile
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 – S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite - the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Iran, Mobile
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico