Iran Digital TV News
Baran Telecom selects PerceptionTV to bring IPTV services to Iran
Mar 1, 2016 – PerceptionTV Lhas announced that its Perception platform has been chosen by Baran Telecom as the preferred platform for a new IPTV service in Iran. Perception was chosen for its unique end-to-end capability to quickly roll out IPTV to any connected device.
News categories: PerceptionTV, Baran Telecom, John Mills, Kaivan Jamehbozorg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Iran, Middleware, Mobile
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Iran opens digital television factory
Nov 22, 2010 – Iran's Minister of Industries and Mines, Ali-Akbar Mehrabian, has inaugurated Iran's first digital TV production line in Savojbolagh, Alborz province. The factory will produce DVB-T capable LCD and LED TVs in various sizes from 32 to 55 inches.
News categories: Iran, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Iran can watch TV on cell phones
Mar 15, 2008 – Cell phones bring TV services to Iranian mobile users, utilising the latest technology in Digital Video Broadcasting-Handheld (DVB-H).
News categories: IRIB, Digital TV, Iran, Mobile
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 – S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite - the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IRIB (TAKTA) launches DVB-H mobile TV trial in Iran using SIDSA's POLAR PLUS Platform
Aug 28, 2007 – The Islamic Republic of Iran is jumping on the International DVB-H bandwagon with the Spanish company SIDSA, an International DVB technology provider, leading the project.
News categories: SIDSA, Sagem, IRIB, Digital TV, IBC2022, Iran, Mobile
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026