CABSAT 2023: May 16-18, 2023: Dubai
NPAW introduces anti-account sharing and playback-resuming solutions
May 10, 2023 – NPAW has introduced anti-account sharing for OTT services to its suite of analytics apps. A bookmarking solution supporting playback-resumption across devices has also been added.
News categories: NPAW, Ruben Senor-Megias, Big Data, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
May 19, 2022 – TV audience figures for the UAE have been revealed at CABSAT 2022, courtesy of Mena.tv. The research provides viewing data for 1.1 million UAE households dating back two years and across more than 600 channels on the E-Vision network.
News categories: Mena.TV, Nielsen, Nick Grande, Sarah Messer, Tassabih Hassan, Hadi Hammoud, Dr Khulud Abu Homos, Mashal Waqar, Dr Bidushi Bhattacharya, Advertising, Big Data, CABSAT, Digital TV, UAE
R&S and Qualcomm to show 5G Broadcast streaming to smartphones at CABSAT 2022
Apr 14, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm will show end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming at CABSAT 2022. The demonstration will deliver pre-recorded content over-the-air to provide an advanced live mobile experience.
News categories: Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East
iKO Media Group successfully re-launches Kurdsat TV
Mar 12, 2019 – iKO Media Group has announced a re-launch of Kurdish television station Kurdsat. The station was re-launched in SD and HD on a global scale – in the US, Latin America, Middle East and Europe. In addition, iKO provided their OTT platform, iKOFLiX.
News categories: iKO Media, Kurdsat, David Treadway, Amanj Kamal, Asia, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, Streaming
Quadrille And Anevia Partner To Jointly Offer OTT Over Satellite
Mar 11, 2019 – Quadrille and Anevia have strengthened their partnership to offer OTT over satellite. The joint solution will enable content providers and operators to offer live-TV in situations where it was previously unavailable due to limited bandwidth.
News categories: Quadrille, Anevia, Xavier Batta, Ivonne Prugnaud, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Worldwide
Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
Jan 15, 2018 – At CABSAT, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has released data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood. There are now 187 HD channels at this position, 110 of which are free-to-air.
News categories: Eutelsat, CABSAT, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
WeCast adds BI module and multi-ad provider support to its IPTV/OTT solution
Mar 29, 2017 – WeCast has presented its advanced Business Intelligence module and multi-ad provider integration as two of the major developments for its white-label multi-screen IPTV/OTT solution, at CabSat 2017 in Dubai.
News categories: WeCast, Ana Costa, Advertising, CABSAT, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
My-HD taps Conax for cloud-based content protection
Mar 22, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that My-HD Media has deployed Conax’ cloud-based content protection solution to support its next generations of platform growth in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
News categories: Conax, My-HD, Daniel Johansson, Carmen Chen, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
MENA's GOBX now secured by Irdeto
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a deal with GOBX, a premium entertainment platform in the MENA region. After a significant investment in rights and premium content, GOBX selected Irdeto as a security partner so that they could focus on customer experience and expansion.
News categories: Irdeto, GOBX, Bengt Jonsson, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126