CABSAT 2019: March 12-14, 2019: Dubai
iKO Media Group successfully re-launches Kurdsat TV
Mar 12, 2019 – iKO Media Group has announced a re-launch of Kurdish television station Kurdsat. The station was re-launched in SD and HD on a global scale – in the US, Latin America, Middle East and Europe. In addition, iKO provided their OTT platform, iKOFLiX.
News categories: iKO Media, Kurdsat, David Treadway, Amanj Kamal, Asia, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, OTT
Quadrille And Anevia Partner To Jointly Offer OTT Over Satellite
Mar 11, 2019 – Quadrille and Anevia have strengthened their partnership to offer OTT over satellite. The joint solution will enable content providers and operators to offer live-TV in situations where it was previously unavailable due to limited bandwidth.
News categories: Quadrille, Anevia, Xavier Batta, Ivonne Prugnaud, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
Jan 15, 2018 – At CABSAT, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has released data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood. There are now 187 HD channels at this position, 110 of which are free-to-air.
News categories: Eutelsat, CABSAT, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
WeCast adds BI module and multi-ad provider support to its IPTV/OTT solution
Mar 29, 2017 – WeCast has presented its advanced Business Intelligence module and multi-ad provider integration as two of the major developments for its white-label multi-screen IPTV/OTT solution, at CabSat 2017 in Dubai.
News categories: WeCast, Ana Costa, Advertising, CABSAT, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
My-HD taps Conax for cloud-based content protection
Mar 22, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that My-HD Media has deployed Conax’ cloud-based content protection solution to support its next generations of platform growth in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
News categories: Conax, My-HD, Daniel Johansson, Carmen Chen, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
MENA's GOBX now secured by Irdeto
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a deal with GOBX, a premium entertainment platform in the MENA region. After a significant investment in rights and premium content, GOBX selected Irdeto as a security partner so that they could focus on customer experience and expansion.
News categories: Irdeto, GOBX, Bengt Jonsson, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- LG webOS TV platform includes QuickSet from UEI
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- Korean and US content power online video consumption in SE Asia
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0