CABSAT 2019: March 12-14, 2019: Dubai
iKO Media Group successfully re-launches Kurdsat TV
Mar 12, 2019 – iKO Media Group has announced a re-launch of Kurdish television station Kurdsat. The station was re-launched in SD and HD on a global scale – in the US, Latin America, Middle East and Europe. In addition, iKO provided their OTT platform, iKOFLiX.
News categories: iKO Media, Kurdsat, David Treadway, Amanj Kamal, Asia, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, OTT
Quadrille And Anevia Partner To Jointly Offer OTT Over Satellite
Mar 11, 2019 – Quadrille and Anevia have strengthened their partnership to offer OTT over satellite. The joint solution will enable content providers and operators to offer live-TV in situations where it was previously unavailable due to limited bandwidth.
News categories: Quadrille, Anevia, Xavier Batta, Ivonne Prugnaud, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
Jan 15, 2018 – At CABSAT, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has released data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood. There are now 187 HD channels at this position, 110 of which are free-to-air.
News categories: Eutelsat, CABSAT, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
WeCast adds BI module and multi-ad provider support to its IPTV/OTT solution
Mar 29, 2017 – WeCast has presented its advanced Business Intelligence module and multi-ad provider integration as two of the major developments for its white-label multi-screen IPTV/OTT solution, at CabSat 2017 in Dubai.
News categories: WeCast, Ana Costa, Advertising, CABSAT, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
My-HD taps Conax for cloud-based content protection
Mar 22, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that My-HD Media has deployed Conax’ cloud-based content protection solution to support its next generations of platform growth in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
News categories: Conax, My-HD, Daniel Johansson, Carmen Chen, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
MENA's GOBX now secured by Irdeto
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a deal with GOBX, a premium entertainment platform in the MENA region. After a significant investment in rights and premium content, GOBX selected Irdeto as a security partner so that they could focus on customer experience and expansion.
News categories: Irdeto, GOBX, Bengt Jonsson, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering
Mar 21, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide security solutions to HorizonSAT. Irdeto Cloaked CA with Irdeto FlexiCore will enable HorizonSAT to deliver pay TV services to the Filipino population in the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, HorizonSAT, Doug Lowther, Waleed Al-Hejailan, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
OSN sets stage for Ultra HD services
Mar 8, 2016 – OSN is ramping up capacity on EUTELSAT 8 West B. Additional capacity at the Middle East TV neighbourhood will support more expansion for OSN, including new High Definition channels and the introduction of Ultra HD services.
News categories: Eutelsat, OSN, Michel Azibert, Mark Billinge, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
- NEXTGEN TV comes to Grand Rapids, MI
- Polestar develops streaming app for Polestar 2 cars in Europe
- JW Player acquires VUALTO
- 3SS powers TCC Android TV service on SDMC STBs
- du partners with ATEME on OTT and DTH projects
- Beachfront completes OAR-compliant ad trial on VIZIO TVs
- Peach launches global ad distribution platform
- India sees huge headroom for growth in TV and digital
- Sinclair unifies ad sales with Operative Media
- Dominant share for MediaTek in smart speaker market
- Connected TV continues to drive U.S. digital video ad growth
- VBox announces ATSC 3.0 Android TV Gateway
- Small growth in global pay TV subscribers to 2026
- Brightcove powers Studio Mojo's ‘Koode’ OTT service
- Vivendi, Fininvest and Mediaset end their disputes
- fuboTV partners with LiveRamp on addressable ad targeting
- Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
- Stoneroos acquired by NEP The Netherlands
- AirConsole casual gaming for TrueID TV Box users in Thailand
- Charter residential video customers down 156,000 in 1Q 2021