Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhoodMonday, January 15th, 2018
Eutelsat announces rise of FTA HD channels in key 7/8° West video neighbourhood at CABSAT 2018
- Over 40% more FTA HD channels in a year time
- The HD dynamic trend goes beyond the Gulf countries to reach other regions, notably Levant and North Africa
DUBAI, PARIS — At CABSAT today, leading satellite operator Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) released new data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood.
An expanding line-up of HD channels
The attraction of the region’s 7/8° West neighbourhood is driven by the growth of High Definition content now broadcast on 187 channels at this position. One visible shift can be noticed when it comes to FTA channels, which is now broadcasting more than 110 HD channels, a 44% increase from January 2017 to January 2018. This acceleration, which once mainly applied to Gulf countries, now applies to the entire region, especially Levantine and North African countries.
HD viewing penetration on the rise
The pace of HD adoption is accelerating in the MENA region. According to Eutelsat’s latest TV Observatory report relating to Algeria, Egypt, Morocco and Saudi Arabia, HD-equipped homes at 7/8° West neighbourhood are now reaching 20.6 million (66% of TV homes), up from 10.7 million in 2016.
For more information, join Eutelsat at CABSAT, 14-16 January 2018, Dubai World Trade Centre, stand ZB2 A40&A50
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028