Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
Sep 28, 2023 – Xumo has teamed up with Best Buy to launch Pioneer Xumo TVs. The TVs feature universal voice search, and a user interface that enables consumers to browse content across all their streaming apps.
News categories: Xumo, Best Buy, Stephanie Cassi, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
Sep 27, 2023 – Videotex has become one of India's largest manufacturers of webOS Hub TVs, with a market share of over 85%. The brand has an over 50% market share in the smart TV ODM space.
News categories: Videotex, Arjun Bajaj, Digital TV, India, Results, Smart TV, TV OS
TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
Sep 26, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) has found that the average number of streaming services used by consumers in the US and Canada decreased from 11.6 in Q4 2022 to 10.9 in Q2 2023.
News categories: TiVo, Scott Maddux, Advertising, Broadcast, Canada, Digital TV, In-Car, Market Research, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
Sep 25, 2023 – According to IDC, 4.5 million TVs were shipped to India in 1H23, up 8% YoY. Sales by e-tailers, new launches/model refreshes and clearing of old inventory fueled the growth.
News categories: IDC, Upasana Joshi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
Sep 20, 2023 – Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) has announced a range of updates to its Fire TV family, introducing voice search with generative AI, upgrades to the Fire TV Ambient Experience, and more powerful Fire TV Sticks.
News categories: Amazon, Tapas Roy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
Sep 14, 2023 – TCL has announced pricing and availability for the first TCL televisions in the U.S. with Fire TV built in. The TCL Q and S Class models with Fire TV also include a Voice Remote with Alexa.
News categories: TCL, Amazon, Chris Hamdorf, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
Sep 16, 2023 – TSTT has selected Zappware's NEXX 5 product suite to replace its legacy client. NEXX 5 features a UX multi-screen client framework and scalable back-office tools.
News categories: Zappware, TSTT, Ives Decraene, Lisa Agard, Digital TV, IBC2023, IPTV, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, UX
Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
Sep 17, 2023 – Accedo has partnered with Magnifi by VideoVerse to bring AI-powered sports highlights to its Accedo Launcher. Accedo Launcher is a customizable Android TV experience for set-top boxes.
News categories: Accedo, Magnifi, Bleuenn Le Goffic, Meghna Krishna, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2023, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
Sep 18, 2023 – According to Mediavision, as many as 75% of the Nordic households now have a TV set connected to the internet, with 70% of households having a paid streaming service.
News categories: Mediavision, Fredrik Liljeqvist, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, Smart TV, Streaming, Sweden
- AMC Networks launches ad-supported version of AMC+
- Xumo launches Pioneer Xumo TVs at Best Buy
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data