Home Server (Media Server) News
STMicroelectronics' multimedia server-box platform selected by Synology
Dec 9, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Synology have announced that ST’s HD and UltraHD multimedia server-box platform (STiH412) has been selected for Synology’s DS216play Network Attached Storage (NAS) server.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Synology, Kelvin Wong, Jones Tsai, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Worldwide
beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
Mar 10, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by Middle-Eastern Pay TV provider, beIN SPORTS, to supply Home Media Servers and High Definition set-top boxes .
News categories: Pace plc, beIN SPORTS, Roger Hall, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, Home Server, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Videon distributes software platform for Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 24, 2013 – Videon Central has announced a new software platform with its latest Avia Media Player supporting Chromecast, an optimized DVB solution from Futarque, Hillcrest Labs’ Freespace® motion control technology and a complete software development kit from Intel.
News categories: Videon Central, Intel Corp, Michael Daulerio, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Futarque introduces Mediarite software on Intel Media Server reference design
Dec 20, 2013 – Futarque has announced that its Mediarite Software has been optimized for the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). Futarque's media server platform allows users to watch and enjoy content anyway they want.
News categories: Futarque, Jesper Kaagaard, Ran Senderovitz, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Middleware, Semiconductor
Samsung HomeSync brings features of Galaxy devices to the TV
Oct 3, 2013 – Samsung Mobile has announced that Samsung HomeSync™, a household Android™ media center for storing, synchronizing and streaming content across multiple devices, will be available in the US beginning October 6.
News categories: Samsung, Nanda Ramachandran, Travis Merrill, Home Server, Mobile, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Transcoding technology from STMicroelectronics connects digital homes to everything, everywhere, all the time
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has introduced a transcoding engine that enables a home gateway to distribute any type of content to any type of connected device in the home. The engine is set to become an integral part of all ST's Home Gateway solutions.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Andrew Cofler, Gateway, Home Server, IBC2023, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home
ViXS media processor selected by Sony for Personal Content Station
Jul 18, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210, an SoC for consumer media devices, has been selected by Sony for its newly launched Personal Content Station LLS-201 (PCS) product.
News categories: ViXS, Sony Corp, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Smart Home
TiVo chooses ACCESS NetFront Living Connect media sharing solution
Sep 10, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has chosen ACCESS' NetFront™ Living Connect media sharing solution to allow consumers with a TiVo® Premiere DVR to enjoy content from PCs, NAS devices, tablets, smartphones and other connected devices on their main TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO, TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, IBC2023, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
STMicroelectronics Leads the Way to the Ultimate Connected Home
Sep 6, 2012 – At IBC, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is demonstrating the company's STiH416 ('Orly') connected-home System-on-Chip (SoC) device with Twonky Server software from PacketVideo to enable the ultimate connected-home experience.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, PacketVideo, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, IBC2023, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024