Amazon introduces 'Fire TV Recast' DTT gateway
Sep 20, 2018 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced Fire TV Recast, a companion DVR that lets consumers watch, record, and replay free over-the-air TV programming on Fire TV, Echo Show, and on compatible Fire tablet, iOS, and Android devices.
News categories: Amazon, Marc Whitten, Patrick Moorhead, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Terrestrial, USA
MaxLinear and Pixelworks selected by Nuvyyo for Tablo OTA DVR
May 24, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that Nuvyyo has selected its MxL69x ATSC receiver for its Tablo DVR product that streams live HDTV and recorded OTA content to any internet-connected TV, streaming media player, gaming system, computer or mobile device.
News categories: MaxLinear, Pixelworks, Nuvyyo, Will Torgerson, Anthony Gioeli, Grant Hall, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.
May 23, 2018 – AirTV has officially launched. The AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
News categories: AirTV, Mitch Weinraub, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Gateway, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
MediaTek UltraCast brings 4K streaming to connected devices
Nov 21, 2016 – MediaTek has announced the launch of its UltraCast technology, the first chipset-enabled streaming technology that enables users to stream 4K video wirelessly from a smartphone to a 4K-ready TV or set-top box.
News categories: MediaTek, SR Tsai, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
DISH HopperGO lets customers take DVR on the road
May 26, 2016 – DISH's HopperGO has debuted to customers in the U.S. for $99. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device gives customers the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
Sling Media introduces Slingbox M2
Jul 16, 2015 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced the release of the Slingbox M2. With the Slingbox M2 bundle, today's generation has access to their live and recorded home TV content from anywhere on their personal computers, tablets and smartphones without the previous cost-by-device barrier.
News categories: Sling Media, Michael Hawkey, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Lenovo launches media casting device
May 27, 2015 – Lenovo (HKSE: 0992) (PINK SHEETS: LNVGY) has announced the Lenovo Cast, the company’s first media casting device to bring content from smaller devices to the big screen. Lenovo Cast works with DLNA or Miracast-enabled tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Lenovo, Liu Jun, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sling TV releases App for Android TV
May 21, 2015 – Sling TV has launched its Android TV application for Google’s Nexus Player. Sling TV and Google are kicking off their collaboration with a promotion that gets Nexus Player into the hands of customers at half price.
News categories: Sling TV, Roger Lynch, Android TV, Apps, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
ABI Research study on the role of DLNA's VidiPath
May 14, 2015 – The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has released results from an ABI Research study on the anticipated impact of VidiPath Certified devices for subscription TV service delivery to interoperable devices.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, ABI Research, Scott Lofgren, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Bitmovin and MainStreaming partner to deliver broadcast-quality video streams
- New products and more countries for Amazon-built TV range
- Pay TV subscribers in Eastern Europe to fall to 73 million in 2028
- VIZIO selects Whip Media for WatchFree+ ad revenue reporting
- Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
- Ateme launches 'audience-aware' streaming solution
- SAPEC to develop encoder for first live 8K DTT broadcast
- Big Media launches The New Frontier channel with VlogBox
- Bedrock expands 6play max availability to more connected devices
- Slower AR/VR headset shipment growth expected for 2023
- Netgem completes sale of Fibre France business to Nordnet
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania