AirTV officially launches hybrid DTT/OTT gateway in the U.S.Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018
Watch free local channels at home, on-the-go with new AirTV
- AirTV connects to over-the-air (OTA) antenna to wirelessly deliver free local channels to TVs, tablets, phones—in and out of home
- Integrates free broadcast channels into Sling TV app or AirTV app on iOS, Android, Roku and Amazon Fire TV
- Available now for $119.99 at AirTV.net
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — AirTV, a brand dedicated to meeting the growing consumer demand for over-the-air (OTA) broadcast products and services, has launched a new solution that brings together the value of free local broadcast television with the power of live internet streaming. The new AirTV solution, when connected to an OTA antenna and a home Wi-Fi network, wirelessly streams free local channels to internet-connected TVs and mobile devices, in and out of the home.
With AirTV, free local channels, like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and PBS, are available for viewing via the Sling TV or AirTV app on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS and Android phones and tablets. Local channel availability depends on the OTA signal availability at the user’s home location. In many major markets, customers can receive 50 or more local channels for free.
“Our new AirTV solution solves two problems: first, it blends free local channels with OTT television, something customers have demanded since the advent of streaming,” said Mitch Weinraub, director of product development for AirTV. “And, because it’s a Wi-Fi-enabled device, you can power your entire home with one OTA antenna, simplifying the installation process.”
AirTV’s configuration eliminates common pain points associated with OTA antennas, like wiring multiple rooms with individual antennas, and it allows for optimal antenna placement, regardless of the TV’s location. AirTV connects to a digital antenna and a wireless or wired network, providing two live streams of digitally transmitted OTA content simultaneously. Up to two streams are available inside the home; one of these streams can be viewed while outside of the home.
“Customers can mount their antenna connected to AirTV wherever the signal is strongest, whether it’s tucked away in an attic or hidden behind the living room TV,” said Weinraub. “AirTV wirelessly streams to AirTV-enabled devices visible to a home Wi-Fi network, so there’s no longer a need to run cables across the home to get OTA signals.”
Existing Sling TV users can integrate AirTV directly into their accounts. Customers can also set up a free Sling TV account to access their local channels via AirTV, or create a free account with the stand-alone AirTV app.
AirTV is available on the AirTV web site, on Amazon and at regional retailers like Microcenter for $119.99 with a one-year warranty. OTA antennas can be purchased separately online or at a local retailer.
AirTV Tech Specs
- Connectivity: Internal Wi-Fi 802.11n 2×2 dual-band
- OTA Tuners: 2 ATSC 8VSB
- CPU: Pixelworks XCode 5116
- Ports: USB 2.0 Port, Ethernet Port
- Dimensions: 180 mm (W) x 110 mm (H) x 45mm (D)
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group