Lenovo launches media casting deviceWednesday, May 27th, 2015
Lenovo Makes Moments More Shareable with Its First Media Casting Device
- Expands focus on flexible home entertainment
BEIJING & RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — Lenovo (HKSE: 0992) (PINK SHEETS: LNVGY) today at Lenovo Tech World launched the Lenovo Cast, the company’s first media casting device to bring content from smaller, personal devices to the big screen.
Encourages More Multimedia Sharing
As more people capture and store their favorite photos, videos and apps on their most mobile and personal devices – their smartphones and tablets – they need a bigger screen to share with others. Imagine huddling around a friend’s phone to look at vacation photos or trying to enjoy watching the big game live with others crowded around a tablet. In fact, studies have found that 80 percent of people are using tablets at home with 52 percent of them using tablets to watch TV. At the same time, they’re sharing them with other people in their household(1).
Lenovo created the Lenovo Cast, its first streaming media device, to give users the ability to share their favorite content by streaming it wirelessly from their personal screen devices to a big screen TV. Lenovo Cast works in three simple steps: plug, link and play. First, plug Lenovo Cast into any large screen device’s HDMI port. Then link Lenovo Cast to the device’s signal. Then play and enjoy media from a DLNA or Miracast-enabled tablet or smartphone. Lenovo Cast offers extreme flexibility with its convenient pocket size and simple set up, making it an ideal companion device for smartphones and tablets. Its dual form factors allow users to hook it up either behind the TV or anywhere near it. Unlike other casting devices, Lenovo Cast ensures seamless streaming thanks to its dual frequency WiFi and its ability to transfer content up to 20 meters, even sending the signal through walls. And it’s not limited to just sharing videos. It mirrors any content users have on their smartphones.
“Today people want more from their devices – the freedom technology gives them to accomplish more. They want to share a variety of content from their smartphones and tablets such as online videos and games with friends and family on a larger screen,” said Liu Jun, executive vice president and president, Mobile Business Group, Lenovo. “The new Lenovo Cast is our latest device created to enable such personalized experiences.”
Pricing and Availability(2)
The Lenovo Cast will be available beginning in August worldwide. Pricing is $49 USD.
1. Adobe Mobile Consumer Survey, 2014.
2. Prices do not include tax or shipping and are subject to change without notice and is tied to specific terms and conditions. Reseller prices may vary. Price does not include all advertised features. All offers subject to availability. Products may only be available in selected markets. Lenovo reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice.
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store