beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media ServersMonday, March 10th, 2014
beIN SPORTS (formerly known as Al-Jazeera Sports) chooses Pace to supply next generation Pay TV Solutions
- Pace to supply Home Media Servers and High Definition STBs for beIN SPORTS service roll-out across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Pace plc (LSE: PIC), a global leader for digital TV and broadband technologies, announced today that it has been selected by the leading Pay TV provider of the MENA region, beIN SPORTS, as one of the suppliers of the network’s next generation Home Media Servers and High Definition (HD) STB products. Pace’s set-top-boxes will enable beIN SPORTS to reach millions of households across the region with their exclusive, high quality, High-Definition coverage of sporting competitions including the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Champions & Europa leagues, AFC Champions League, English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1.
Roger Hall, Managing Director of beIN (MENA), said, “Pace’s Home Media Server and HD STB allow us to provide our customers with our latest TV services to every screen within their homes. The Home Media Server gives us a flexible platform to add multiscreen TV applications and services to further cement our position as the leading Pay TV provider in the region.”
Pace will be providing two products to beIN SPORTS prior to the 2014 FIFA World Cup:
- Pace’s DMS7000NBS Home Media Server is one of the most advanced set-top boxes in the world and will be a first for the MENA region. This latest technology will enable beIN SPORTS’ customers to watch premium sport on multiple screens within their home. With high-performance hardware, a massive 1-TB hard disk drive for recordings, multiple tuners and next generation IEEE 802.11ac wireless, it can deliver parallel recordings and High Definition video simultaneously to TVs, laptops, tablets and smart phones. Advanced security protects the content throughout, allowing beIN SPORTS’ customers to view sport on their devices both inside the home or synchronised to take away.
- Pace’s DZS3000NBS high definition set-top box utilises the latest technology to provide high performance in a compact and elegant design. It delivers a responsive user experience providing rapid access to beIN SPORTS content and services.
Shane McCarthy, President of Pace (International), said, “We are very proud to have been selected by beIN SPORTS to be their partner for the roll-out of their latest services. Our high performance and quality products will enable beIN SPORTS to give their customers the very best Pay TV experience.”
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement