LG Innotek adopts AltoBeam demodulator for DTV NIM
Apr 1, 2016 – AltoBeam has announced that, LG Innotek (LGIT) has selected AltoBeam's ATBM7823 demodulator chip, for LGIT's DVB-T2/T/C2/C/S2X/S2/S hybrid digital and analogue TV tuner module, the TDJN Series NIM.
News categories: AltoBeam, LG Innotek, Dr. Steve Chaohuang Zeng, Gil-Sang Park, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification
Nov 20, 2013 – The DVB Steering Board has retified its new DVB-GSE-Lite specification. The DVB-GSE protocol allows for efficient encapsulation of IP and other network layer packets over the second generation DVB physical layer specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2
Silicon Labs introduces world’s most advanced DVB demodulators for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Sep 23, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of universal DVB demodulators that support the latest worldwide DVB standards for cable, terrestrial and satellite reception, designed to simplify the design of video front-ends for IDTVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Kabel Deutschland begins DVB-C2 trials in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
Jun 5, 2013 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has launched a DVB-C2 pilot service in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. The modulation used in the trial has a 46% higher spectral efficiency than DVB-C, allowing improved services to be offered at the same signal level.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Germany, Set Top Box
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
Sony Commercializes World's First Demodulator LSI For DVB-C2
Sep 12, 2011 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced the commercialization of the world's first demodulator LSI conforming to the DVB-C2 digital cable TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Sony Corp, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos