LG Innotek adopts AltoBeam demodulator for DTV NIM
Apr 1, 2016 – AltoBeam has announced that, LG Innotek (LGIT) has selected AltoBeam's ATBM7823 demodulator chip, for LGIT's DVB-T2/T/C2/C/S2X/S2/S hybrid digital and analogue TV tuner module, the TDJN Series NIM.
News categories: AltoBeam, LG Innotek, Dr. Steve Chaohuang Zeng, Gil-Sang Park, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification
Nov 20, 2013 – The DVB Steering Board has retified its new DVB-GSE-Lite specification. The DVB-GSE protocol allows for efficient encapsulation of IP and other network layer packets over the second generation DVB physical layer specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2
Silicon Labs introduces world’s most advanced DVB demodulators for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Sep 23, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of universal DVB demodulators that support the latest worldwide DVB standards for cable, terrestrial and satellite reception, designed to simplify the design of video front-ends for IDTVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Kabel Deutschland begins DVB-C2 trials in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
Jun 5, 2013 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has launched a DVB-C2 pilot service in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. The modulation used in the trial has a 46% higher spectral efficiency than DVB-C, allowing improved services to be offered at the same signal level.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Germany, Set Top Box
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA COM, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, Content Distribution, DVB-C2
Sony Commercializes World's First Demodulator LSI For DVB-C2
Sep 12, 2011 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced the commercialization of the world's first demodulator LSI conforming to the DVB-C2 digital cable TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Sony Corp, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV