CAM (Conditional Access Module) / CI Plus (CI+) / CableCARD™ / Smart card News
SmarDTV partners with tivù to launch CI-based TV-Stick
Nov 17, 2020 – SmarDTV Global has unveiled its latest device - the TV-Stick. The TV-Stick, based on DVB-CI Plus 2.0., integrates NAGRA content protection and is able to descramble live channels from tivù, the Italian satellite operator.
News categories: SmarDTV Global, NAGRA, tivù, Erik Gazzoni, Thierry Legrand, Fabrizio Lega, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
Oct 21, 2020 – Deutsche TV-Plattform is launching an initiative to prepare a market launch of the new version of the CI Plus Interface - CI+ 2.0. CI Plus modules will be based on USB from version 2.0 onwards.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Carine Chardon, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
Jul 29, 2020 – Eurofins has launched updated testing services for the CI Plus 2.0 standard. Eurofins is the exclusive test partner for v2.0, appointed by CI Plus LLP. CI Plus 2.0 Host Device Registration for licensees commenced on July 20th.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, CI Plus LLP, Johan Craeybeckx, Vlaho Kostov, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
Nov 20, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has prepared an update to its CI Plus Host software stack for TVs and Set Top Boxes. The latest release includes support for version 2.0 of the specification which targets new USB form factor Conditional Access Modules (CAMs).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Paul Martin, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nordig and Android 'P' compliance part of DTVKit’s latest software release
Oct 24, 2019 – DTVKit, in cooperation with OBS, has announced a new version of its suite of DTV software components. The October release includes updates to the DVB stack for Nordig compliance, changes to support Android 'Treble', and improvements to the CI Plus ECP reference stack.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
Sep 16, 2019 – NEOTION has announced the renewal of its cooperation with Irdeto. The partnership will focus on CI+ 1.4 CAM, with NEOTION providing in-depth experience, increased performance and in-house skills combined with investment in modern machines and fully automated processes.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Nathalie BRESSON, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBCShowcase, Smart TV, Worldwide
SmarDTV provides USB CAMs for Eurofins' CI Plus 2.0 test tool
Sep 5, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced that it is distributing modules to Eurofins Digital Testing for their new CI Plus 2.0 test tool, automating IDTV and set-top-box testing. CI Plus 2.0 uses USB, moving away from the old PC Card (PCMCIA) standard.
News categories: SmarDTV, Eurofins, Lionel Boissier, Johan Craeybeckx, CAM, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
DIGI | RCS & RDS deploys NAGRA cardless CAM in Romania and Hungary
Sep 4, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that cable and satellite operator DIGI | RCS & RDS has deployed NAGRA cardless content protection technology in a conditional access module (CAM) by SmarDTV in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: NAGRA, RCS & RDS, SmarDTV, Thierry Legrand, Valentin Popoviciu, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- MovieLabs updates Enhanced Content Protection specification
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform