CAM (Conditional Access Module) / CI Plus (CI+) / CableCARD™ / Smart card News
Irdeto and Twise announce CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM solution
Sep 14, 2022 – Irdeto and Twise have announced that they have combined Irdeto Cloaked CA technology with the Twise CI Plus stack on a Mediatek chipset. The pre-integrated and pre-certified solution enables manufacturers to produce a USB CAM in record time.
News categories: Irdeto, Twise, Peter Oggel, Stéphanie Bizouerne, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor
Sofia Digital and Twise bring DVB-I to CAM-based HbbTV OpApp
Aug 30, 2022 – Sofia Digital and Twise have created a DVB-I client within an HbbTV Op App triggered by a CI Plus CAM, allowing operators to provide a set-top box like user experience without the need for a costly set-top box device.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Twise, Juho Mäyränpää, Xavier Teil, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, IBC2022, Smart TV
Tivù launches USB-based CAM supporting 4K TV with SmarDTV
May 10, 2022 – Tivù and SmarDTV Global have partnered to introduce the first USB based CAM module offering to the tivùsat users a full 4K TV viewing experience. Tivù designed and developed the CAM with the help of SmarDTV Global.
News categories: SmarDTV, Tivù, Guillaume REILLON, Alberto SIGISMONDI, CAM, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite
Vewd adds SmarDTV CI Plus CAM to Operator TV ecosystem
Jan 11, 2022 – Vewd has announced that its Operator TV now supports SmarDTV's CI Plus CAM technology. Operator TV is a Smart TV solution that integrates Pay TV in an experience fully controlled and branded by the operator.
News categories: Vewd, SmarDTV, Erik Gazzoni, Marco Frattolin, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Software
SmarDTV TV-Stick completes CI Plus 2.0 certification
Dec 9, 2021 – SmarDTV Technology has announced that its latest USB 2.0 based Conditional Access Module (CAM) product - the TV-Stick - has successfully passed CI Plus 2.0 certification. CI Plus 2.0 is the natural successor to the PCMCIA CAM.
News categories: SmarDTV, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
Nov 24, 2021 – Kineton and SmarDTV Global have demonstrated, during the 9th HbbTV Symposium, a Smart TV combined with an HbbTV OpApp. The installation of the HbbTV OpApp is automatically launched by a CAM, with the OpApp fully operator branded.
News categories: SmarDTV, Kineton, Erik Gazzoni, Giuseppe Aprea, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
Nov 25, 2021 – Irdeto has launched the Irdeto Operator Application (Irdeto OpApp). The Irdeto OpApp is an HbbTV OpApp hosted on Irdeto's CI Plus CAMs, enabling pay TV operators to deliver a consistent branded experience across different TV marques.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
SMIT CAM platform passes CI Plus 2.0 certification
Nov 9, 2021 – SMIT (HKEX: 02239) has announced that its CAM platform has passed CI Plus 2.0 CAM Certification. Based on the USB form factor, the platfrom provides a new generation of CAM for pay TV operators.
News categories: SMIT, Brenda Bai, CAM, Digital TV, Worldwide
Eurofins launches CI Plus 2.0 module testing tool and service
Apr 27, 2021 – Eurofins Digital Testing has worked alongside CAM solution specialists to develop a module test tool designed to test USB Conditional Access Modules (CAM) devices for conformance against CI Plus 2.0 standards.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Xavier Teil, Bingyu Xiang, Erik Gazzoni, CAM, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management