Greece Digital TV News
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Deutsche Telekom adds 413,000 Entertain TV subscribers in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released results for 2012. The number of customers with the company's Entertain television service went up by 26.6 percent year-on-year to 2.0 million. Entertain via Sat, available since September 2011, made up 299,000 of the total.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Croatia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
ΟΤΕ TV exceeds 100,000 subscribers in Greece
Oct 15, 2012 — OTE (ASE: HTO, OTC:HLTOY), the largest telecommunications provider in the Greek market, has announced that its OTE TV subscriber base has exceeded 100,000 subscribers, as the service is steadily gaining in viewer preference and trust.
News categories: ΟΤΕ TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Only 20% to 30% of European connected TVs are actually online
May 7, 2012 — The European Commission has presented a report on the application of its Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD). The report says that although many of the TV sets sold in Europe are connectable, only 20% to 30 % are actually online.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Sweden, UK
High Definition channels in Europe on the up
Mar 29, 2012 — Recent data from the MAVISE TV database, developed by the European Audiovisual Observatory, shows the current status of the European television market. MAVISE contains data on the EU markets plus the candidates Croatia, Macedonia and Turkey.
News categories: MAVISE, European Audiovisual Observatory, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Market Research, MIPTV, Mobile, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
OTE TV Via Satellite launches in Greece
Oct 17, 2011 — OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) of Greece has announced its 'OTE TV Via Satellite' service and is integrating all of its pay TV services under one brand name, OTE TV. OTE's IPTV service 'Conn-x TV' has become 'OTE TV via Conn-x'.
News categories: OTE Group, OTE TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Satellite
EU Court of Justice rules against prohibitions on the import, sale or use of foreign decoder cards
Oct 4, 2011 — A system of licences for the broadcasting of football matches which grants broadcasters territorial exclusivity on a Member State basis and which prohibits television viewers from watching the broadcasts with a decoder card in other Member States is contrary to EU law.
News categories: Court of Justice, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Regulation, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
IPTV will reach 60 million subscriptions in the EU by 2020
Sep 28, 2011 — As broadband subscriptions continue to grow in the EU27, Point Topic has announced analysis on how many subscribers there will be and how many will take an IPTV service as well. According to the analyst firm, IPTV is set to treble by 2020.
News categories: Point Topic, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Market Research, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, UK
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market