Iceland Digital TV News
NorDig replaces DVB-MHP with HbbTV for interactive IRDs
Apr 4, 2012 — NorDig has specified a common API for interactive services for advanced IRDs, now referred to as hybrid IRDs. From now on hybrid IRDs will be based on the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) standard, replacing DVB MHP as NorDig's chosen API.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, HbbTV, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Iceland's Síminn selects AirTies IPTV Set-top Box
Mar 14, 2012 — AirTies Networks has announced that it will deliver its Air7120 IP Set-top box to Síminn of Iceland. AirTies and Síminn work in tandem to upgrade Síminn's IPTV service to next generation STBs, offering advanced graphics and HTML5 with the Air7120.
News categories: AirTies, Síminn, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
MTG’s Viaplay pay-TV service now available on Samsung Smart TV sets
Aug 31, 2011 — MTG (STO: MTGA,MTGB) has announced that it has entered into a strategic cooperation with Samsung Electronics Nordic. MTG’s Viaplay service is now available on all 2011 Samsung Smart TVs and 2010 Internet@TV sets across the Nordic region.
News categories: MTG, Samsung, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Espial Selected To Power Vodafone Iceland IPTV Services
Aug 31, 2011 — Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that it has been selected to provide an IPTV solution for Vodafone (LSE: VOD, NASDAQ: VOD) Iceland. Espial is providing its Evo TV Service Platform, Evo STB Client and Espial MediaBase VOD platform.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vodafone Iceland Selects Amino’s Next Generation IPTV Set-Top Boxes For Rollout
Jan 10, 2011 — Vodafone Iceland has selected Amino Communications’ (LSE AIM: AMO) next generation HD set-top boxes (STB) for the next phase of its IPTV service rollout.
News categories: Amino, Vodafone, Digital TV, Iceland, IPTV, Set Top Box
More than 700 on-demand audiovisual services available in Europe
Oct 16, 2009 — The European Audiovisual Observatory and the Direction du développement des médias (France) have published a new study entitled Video on Demand and Catch-Up Television in Europe.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, DDM, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, Turkey, UK
NorDig releases a DVB-T2 specification
Jul 1, 2009 — NorDig has specified the minimum requirements for receivers that can receive NorDig compliant signals based on the DVB-T2 specification.
News categories: NorDig, Denmark, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden, Terrestrial
Opera selected by ZyXEL Communications for new line of set-top boxes
Jan 8, 2009 — Opera Software has announced that ZyXEL Communications has selected Opera Devices 9.5 to bring the full Internet to its new Linux-based set-top box (STB) series.
News categories: Opera Software, ZyXEL Communications, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps