Lithuania Digital TV News
Skynet Lithuania releases ARRIS IPTV set-top box
Nov 8, 2013 – Lithuanian broadband operator Skynet, has announced the availability of its new set-top box. The box, an ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) VIP 1103, is an HDTV IP set-top running middleware from local company IPTV.iQ.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Skynet, IPTV.iQ, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Set Top Box
TEO launches 'Interneto.tv' in Lithuania
Oct 29, 2013 – Lithuania's TEO LT has created an internet TV service for smart devices – 'Interneto.tv'. From now on it will be possible to watch TV on a PC, smartphone or tablet anywhere in Lithuania where an internet connection is available.
News categories: TEO LT, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
TEO IPTV passes the 100,000 subscriber mark in 3Q 2013
Oct 15, 2013 – Lithuania's TEO Group has announced results for the third quarter of 2013. The number of customers using the company's 'Interactive GALA' IPTV service exceeded 100 thousand during the period, up 15.2% year-on-year.
News categories: IPTV, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Digital pay TV subscribers up 12.3% year-on-year in Lithuania in Q2
Sep 19, 2013 – The Communications Regulatory Authority of the Republic of Lithuania (RRT) has released statistics for the country's communications sector for the second quarter of 2013. At the end of the quarter Lithuania had 731.9 thousand subscribers to the pay TV services.
News categories: RRT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 – TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 155,000 TV subscribers in 2012
Jan 31, 2013 – Teliasonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2012 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 155,000 from the fourth quarter of 2011 and by 43,000 during the quarter to 1.3 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Digital TV in Lithuania up 18% year-on-year at end 3Q 2012
Nov 16, 2012 – Lituania's Communications Regulatory Authority (RRT) has released statistics for the Lithuanian communications sector in the third quarter of 2012. At the end of the period the number of subscribers to digital television services totalled 374.8 thousand, up 18% year-on-year.
News categories: RRT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, MMDS, Satellite, Terrestrial
RRT releases Report on Lithuanian Communications Sector for 2011
Jul 4, 2012 – Lithuania's Communications Regulatory Authority (RRT) has released a Report on the Lithuanian Communications Sector for 2011. Pay TV subscribers increased by 4.1 per cent in 2011 with the number of digital subscribers going up by 21.5 per cent.
News categories: RRT, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Lithuania, Market Research, MMDS, Multiscreen, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification