Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
SES continues to grow its household reach in Benelux
May 27, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has further increased its household reach in the Benelux countries in 2012 to over 1.2 million homes. With a 19 percent increase compared to the previous year, Belgium topped the Benelux growth in ASTRA satellite homes.
News categories: SES S.A, Belgium, Luxembourg, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers
Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
May 21, 2013 – Xstream has announced that Pathé Thuis, one of Holland’s leading online video-on-demand services, has selected Xstream to implement and deliver Widevine DRM for iOS and Android content delivery.
News categories: Widevine, Xstream, Pathé Thuis, Content Protection, DRM, Netherlands, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
KPN moves up to number 2 in the Dutch TV market
Apr 23, 2013 – KPN has released its Q1 2013 results. KPN's IPTV proposition added 116 thousand subscribers in the quarter (Q1 2012: 79k). KPN estimates that it now holds the number two position in the Dutch TV market with a TV market share of 24%, an increase of 6%-points y-on-y.
News categories: KPN, IPTV, Netherlands, Results, Subscribers
Ziggo digital pay TV subscribers down 20,000 in 1Q 2013
Apr 17, 2013 – Ziggo N.V. has released Q1 2013 results. The number of digital TV subscribers increased slightly by 2,000 to 2.23 million, representing a penetration of 81.8% of Ziggo's consumer customer base.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Results, Set Top Box
Netherlands ends 2012 with 6.375 million digital TV connections
Mar 14, 2013 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.8 percent during the fourth quarter of 2012 to 6.375 million on 31 December 2012, according to Telecompaper's quarterly Dutch Television Subscribers report.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
SmarDTV provides SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules for M7 Group pay TV in the Netherlands and Belgium
Mar 12, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that M7 Group, the European provider of satellite services which operates CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen and TéléSAT brands amongst others, has deployed its latest generation of conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in the Netherlands and Belgium.
News categories: SmarDTV, M7 Group, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite, Smart card / CAM
World Premiere: Ziggo's fully cloud-based interactive DVB-C TV service
Mar 5, 2013 – Ziggo has announced the launch of the first fully cloud-based interactive DVB-C TV service in the world. By combining IP protocol use with the DVB-C television standard, even devices without inbuilt hardware functionality for interactivity can now make use of interactive services via cable.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Netherlands
Netherlands adds 560,000 digital TV subscribers in year to September 2012
Mar 5, 2013 – The Netherlands' Independent Post and Telecommunications Authority (OPTA) has published figures on the communication markets in the country for Q3 2012. The number of digital TV subscribers at the end of the quarter increased 9.8% compared with the end of the same period of 2011.
News categories: Onafhankelijke Post en Telecommunicatie Autoriteit, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA