Netherlands (Holland) Digital TV News
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
Nov 26, 2013 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.0 percent during the third quarter of 2013 to 6.61 million on 30 September 2013. According to Telecompaper, digital TV is now used by 85.3 percent of TV subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
Ziggo launches Interactive Television without separate digital receiver
Nov 5, 2013 – Ziggo customers with a new CI+ Module (version 1.3 or higher), and a television certified by Ziggo can use interactive services such as watching movies, television series or missed TV programmes on demand.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Caiway selects Entone Hybrid Media Hub for new fiber roll-out
Sep 25, 2013 – Entone and Divitel have announced that Dutch cable operator, Caiway, has selected Entone's Amulet Hybrid Media Hub for their new fiber roll-out.
News categories: Entone, Caiway, Divitel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Netherlands, Set Top Box, TelcoVision
Glashart Media selects ActiveVideo CloudTV H5 platform
Sep 12, 2013 – ActiveVideo has announced that Glashart Media, a Dutch IPTV service provider, has executed a system-wide upgrade of its interactive services to the ActiveVideo CloudTV™ H5 software platform.
News categories: ActiveVideo, Glashart Media, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Netherlands
KPN adds 0.2 million IPTV subscriber in 1H 2013
Jul 23, 2013 – KPN has published its 2013 half year results. KPN's IPTV proposition resulted in another quarter of strong IPTV net adds (82k) leading to a TV market share of 24%, an increase of 5%-points y-on-y. ARPU per customer increased by 7.7% y-on-y to EUR 42 in Q2 2013.
News categories: KPN, IPTV, Netherlands, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
NEOTION produces VOD-capable CAM for Ziggo
Jul 12, 2013 – NEOTION and Quantis Electronics have launched a CAM for Dutch cable operator Ziggo. The CI Plus 1.3 product, in combination with a suitable TV-set and adjustments in the Ziggo network, enables users to enjoy VOD without a set-top-box.
News categories: NEOTION, Ziggo, Quantis, Cable TV, Netherlands, Smart card / CAM
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)