Switzerland Digital TV News
Switzerland's upc cablecom now offering replay function
Nov 18, 2013 – upc cablecom has announced that customers can watch programmes they have missed with up to 30 hours’ delay. Thanks to upc cablecom’s new replay function, all programmes can be paused, watched in slow motion, fast forwarded and rewound.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Switzerland
Deutsche Telekom powers Switzerland's first subscription video-on-demand service
Nov 11, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom Business Development & Innovation (BDI), has announced that Teleboy, Switzerland’s number one live streaming service, is the first customer of VideoRise, BDI’s recently launched online video platform powered by Saffron Digital.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Saffron Digital, Teleboy, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Switzerland
iWedia software in Swisscom's WinGo Android IPTV set-top box
May 31, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has deployed its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android IPTV STB in the TV box of WinGo, a wholly owned subsidiary of Swiss telecom operator Swisscom.
News categories: iWedia, Swisscom, WinGo, ANGA COM, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Vestel produces Android IPTV platform for Wingo in Switzerland
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel has announced that it has successfully launched an advanced client platform based on Android OS to receive the IPTV services of Wingo in Switzerland. The platform uses Marvell's Armada 1500 chipset.
News categories: Vestel, Wingo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TVConnect
Radio Télévision Suisse launches HbbTV service RTS+
Mar 7, 2013 – Radio Télévision Suisse, has announced the launch of its HbbTV service RTS+. Viewers with a compatible television will find additional teletext-like content. Those whose television is also connected to the internet have access to additional video-on demand programming.
News categories: Radio Télévision Suisse, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Switzerland
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom introduces HbbTV
Dec 14, 2012 – Swiss cable operator upc cablecom has announced that, from January 2013, subscribers will be able to use the additional digital functions offered by HbbTV. TV subscribers can then benefit from background information on programmes and can use content interactively via Internet.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Switzerland
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
- Tricolor TV registers 10 millionth paying subscriber
- NEOTION deploys the first Cardless CAM in MENA for My‐HD
- LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark
- Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
- 2.5 million TV subscribers for Russia's ER-Telecom
- Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Motive and icube to develop Tablet TV dongle for UK Freeview
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus