Switzerland Digital TV News
iWedia software in Swisscom's WinGo Android IPTV set-top box
May 31, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has deployed its Teatro-3.5 software solution for Android IPTV STB in the TV box of WinGo, a wholly owned subsidiary of Swiss telecom operator Swisscom.
News categories: iWedia, Swisscom, WinGo, ANGA COM, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Vestel produces Android IPTV platform for Wingo in Switzerland
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel has announced that it has successfully launched an advanced client platform based on Android OS to receive the IPTV services of Wingo in Switzerland. The platform uses Marvell's Armada 1500 chipset.
News categories: Vestel, Wingo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TVConnect
Radio Télévision Suisse launches HbbTV service RTS+
Mar 7, 2013 – Radio Télévision Suisse, has announced the launch of its HbbTV service RTS+. Viewers with a compatible television will find additional teletext-like content. Those whose television is also connected to the internet have access to additional video-on demand programming.
News categories: Radio Télévision Suisse, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Switzerland
Liberty Global adds 920,000 digital cable subscribers in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced results for the three months ended December 31, 2012. The company finished 2012 with a digital video base of 9.1 million RGUs, adding 920,000 digital cable RGUs during the year.
News categories: Liberty Global, Austria, Belgium, Cable TV, Chile, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, MMDS, Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom introduces HbbTV
Dec 14, 2012 – Swiss cable operator upc cablecom has announced that, from January 2013, subscribers will be able to use the additional digital functions offered by HbbTV. TV subscribers can then benefit from background information on programmes and can use content interactively via Internet.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Switzerland
Switzerland's upc cablecom abolishes basic encryption
Oct 16, 2012 – upc cablecom has announced that by 1 January 2013 the 55 most popular TV channels (including HD) will be available in all households unencrypted. The cost of the basic digital offer (currently CHF 4 per month) will no longer apply.
News categories: upc cablecom, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Switzerland
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Home Networking, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013