Fibre / Fiber (FTTN, FTTC, FTTB, FTTH, FTTK, FTTP) News
Vodafone New Zealand unveils ultra fast broadband TV service
Oct 4, 2013 – Vodafone has unveiled New Zealand’s first, and only, full TV service using the new ultra fast broadband network. Vodafone TV gives customers a choice of Freeview|HD or SKY channels and 36 channels of pay per view movies, including recent releases, in HD.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, New Zealand
Caiway selects Entone Hybrid Media Hub for new fiber roll-out
Sep 25, 2013 – Entone and Divitel have announced that Dutch cable operator, Caiway, has selected Entone's Amulet Hybrid Media Hub for their new fiber roll-out.
News categories: Entone, Caiway, Divitel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Netherlands, Set Top Box, TelcoVision
HickoryTech awards new contract to Amino for IPTV set-top boxes
Jul 17, 2013 – HickoryTech Corporation (NASDAQ: HTCO) has deployed Amino (AIM: AMO) A140 HD set-top boxes as part of its IPTV service offering. HickoryTech operates a 4,100 mile fiber network across five US states.
News categories: Amino, HickoryTech, Power & Tel, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
UK's Hyperoptic secures £50 million investment
May 23, 2013 – Hyperoptic has announced that it has received an investment commitment of £50 million led by Quantum Strategic Partners. The funding will enable Hyperoptic to reach more than 500,000 UK homes with its 1Gbps fibre broadband, as well as to develop new products such as IPTV.
News categories: Hyperoptic, Fibre, IPTV, UK, Venture Capital
StarHub Launches StarHub TV on Fibre
Mar 14, 2013 – The IPTV service, StarHub TV on Fibre, offers access to HD content and over three times as many TV channels as the existing digital terrestrial platform. The service will initially be available only to commercial customers such as offices, restaurants and pubs.
News categories: StarHub, Fibre, IPTV, Singapore
TIME-Setia Haruman Fibre Collaboration Brings 100Mbps Internet Speeds to Cyberjaya
Oct 16, 2012 – TIME dotCom and Setia Haruman have announced they will collaborate to deploy 100% fibre services to new homes and offices in Cyberjaya, Malaysia's ICT hub, giving up to 100Mbps broadband and enabling subscription to TIME's Astro B.yond IPTV packages.
News categories: TIME dotCom, Setia Haruman, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia
Communication Partner SRL selects Zhone for GPON deployments in Argentina
Sep 14, 2012 – Zhone Technologies (NASDAQ: ZHNE) has announced that its MXK™ system has been selected by Communication Partner SRL for five GPON deployments in the Argentinean provinces of Buenos Aires, Córdoba and Neuquén.
News categories: Zhone Technologies, Communication Partner SRL, Argentina, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV
Entone FusionTV Powers TriCounty Telecom OTT
Jul 23, 2012 – Entone has announced that TriCounty Telecom has selected its FusionTV™ solution to power the delivery of Hybrid TV services throughout eastern North Carolina.
News categories: Entone, TriCounty Telecom, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, USA
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018