UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year – making TalkTalk TV the UK’s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
May 14, 2013 — Espial has announced that Harvard International has shipped its View21® and Goodmans set-top boxes (STBs) throughout the U.K. powered by Espial STB client and multiscreen software solutions.
News categories: Espial, Harvard International, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
May 10, 2013 — BT (BT.L) has announced results for its fourth quarter and year to 31 March 2013. BT added 40,000 subscribers to its BT Vision hybrid IPTV/DTT service in the UK to take the total to 810,000 at the end of the period.
News categories: BT Vision, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
BSkyB results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013
May 2, 2013 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released results for the nine months ended 31 March 2013. Sky added 108,000 HD customers, 9,000 multiroom and 44,000 paying customers to its new mobile TV service Sky Go Extra durung the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Ireland, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
Freesat now in 1.7 million UK homes
May 1, 2013 — Freesat, the UK’s free-to-air digital satellite television provider has announced 2012/13 results. Having added c.150,000 homes in the last 12 months, Freesat remains the UK's fastest growing established TV platform, and continues to outgrow Pay-TV rivals.
News categories: Freesat, Market Research, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Virgin Media TV customers down 13,400 in 1Q 2013
Apr 24, 2013 — Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. The company added 171,900 TiVo customers during the quarter to reach a total of 1.5m, which represents 40% of its TV customer base.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Results, UK
Ofcom publishes Q4 2012 UK Digital Television Update
Apr 18, 2013 — Ofcom, the communications regulator for the UK, has released its Digital Television Update for the fourth quarter of 2012. In Q4 2012, 98% of households (25.1m) received digital television over any platform, an increase of nearly 5 percentage points on Q4 2011.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 — With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision