UK (United Kingdom, Great Britain & Northern Ireland) Digital TV News
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
Time-shifted viewing increasingly becoming the norm for UK TV viewers
Nov 15, 2013 – Kantar Media's futurePROOF study on the ownership and use of digital technologies and media in Britain reveals that, whilst most people currently prefer to watch 'must-see TV' at the time of broadcast, the signs are that this will soon change.
News categories: Kantar Media, Cable TV, Market Research, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Terrestrial, UK
ITV Essentials makes ITV soaps available outside UK
Nov 13, 2013 – ITV has announced that it is set to launch ITV Essentials, an international service giving ex-pats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV soaps, while abroad.
News categories: ITV plc, Saffron Digital, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, OTT, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, UK
TalkTalk adds 167,000 TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Nov 12, 2013 – TalkTalk has announced Half Year Interim Results for the 6 months to 30 September 2013. The company added 167,000 net new customers to its TV base, with a quarter of these customers new to TalkTalk, taking the total to 557,000.
News categories: TalkTalk, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
Netflix launches on Virgin Media TiVo in the UK
Nov 12, 2013 – Netflix has launched on Virgin Media, bringing critically acclaimed original series including House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, Arrested Development and Orange is the New Black, as well as Netflix exclusives like the hit series Breaking Bad, to over 1.8 million UK homes.
News categories: Virgin Media, Netflix, Cable TV, Digital TV, UK
BT adds 70,000 TV customers in 3Q 2013
Oct 31, 2013 – BT Group (BT.L) has announced its results for the second quarter and half year to 30 September 2013. Over the period, the company added 70,000 TV customers taking the base to over 900,000.
News categories: BT Group, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, UK
BSkyB results for the three months ended 30 September 2013
Oct 17, 2013 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has released unaudited results for the three months ended 30 September 2013. Sky added 37,000 net new TV customers and 107,000 new customers to HD. A record 642,000 customers connected their Sky+HD boxes to broadband in the quarter.
News categories: BSkyB, Digital TV, Ireland, Multiscreen, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV