Games Console (Xbox, Playstation, PSP, Wii …) News
Global TV game console sales to shrink 12 percent in 2013
Jun 6, 2013 – PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will reinvigorate the TV game console market in 2014, however, the market is projected to continue the downturn in 2013, according to the latest research published by Strategy Analytics' Connected Home Devices (CHD) service.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Games Console, Market Research, OTT
Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
May 21, 2013 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has unveiled its Xbox One, an all-in-one gaming and entertainment system. At Microsoft's headquarters, the company has showcased how Xbox One puts the user at the center for games, TV, movies, music, sports and Skype.
News categories: Xbox, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
Nearly half of U.S. internet-capable home entertainment devices are connected and used
May 1, 2013 – Forty-seven percent of home entertainment devices are currently connected and being used for their online capabilities. But the degree to which these devices are used online varies significantly, according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 – With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
More than 400 Million Devices are Connected in U.S. Homes
Jan 2, 2013 – There are 425 million devices connected to the Internet in U.S. homes, according to a report from The NPD Group. The report found that while computers are still the primary connected device, numerous others are diminishing the computer’s relevance to the broadband content marketplace.
News categories: NPD Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Accedo and Viaplay launch media service for Xbox in Nordic region
Dec 20, 2012 – Accedo and Viaplay, the Nordic online streaming service, have announced the launch of Viaplay on Xbox in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The new media app gives access to Viaplay's content offering through the games console.
News categories: Accedo, Viaplay, Xbox, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Games Console, Norway, OTT, Sweden
PlayStation®3 becomes top platform for Netflix living room viewing
Dec 4, 2012 – Sony and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced that the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) is now the primary development platform for Netflix and is the world's most popular device for viewing movies and TV shows from Netflix on a television.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Netflix, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
LOVEFiLM launches on Wii in the UK
Dec 4, 2012 – LOVEFiLM (NASDAQ:AMZN) has launched on Nintendo's (Tokyo:7974) Wii home console with a launch on Nintendo's HD home console Wii U to follow shortly. There are eight million Wii users in the UK.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Wii, Games Console, OTT, UK
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA