Games Console (Xbox, Playstation, PSP, Wii …) News
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
Rovi to power TV data on Xbox One
Nov 14, 2013 – Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced Rovi Video, a leading database for global TV, movie and celebrity metadata, will supply data for the TV electronic program guide experience, OneGuide, on Microsoft's Xbox One.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Xbox, Digital TV, Games Console, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Installed base of internet-connected video devices to exceed global population in 2017
Oct 8, 2013 – More than 8 billion Internet-connected video devices will be installed worldwide in 2017, exceeding the population of the planet, according to research from the Broadband Technology Service at IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
PlayOn adds support for Chromecast
Sep 19, 2013 – PlayOn has announced that it will be adding Chromecast to its list of supported streaming devices and has unveiled PlayCast, a PlayOn feature that offers Chromecast-like browser video projection for Roku, Xbox 360 and Chromecast users.
News categories: PlayOn, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
58% of TVs sold in Germany are now smart
Aug 5, 2013 – According to a survey carried out by GfK for Germany's Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications and New Media (BITKOM), 58% of the televisions sold so far this year in the country are capable of being connected to the internet.
News categories: BITKOM, Blu-ray, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Foxtel Play goes live in Australia
Jul 30, 2013 – Foxtel has announced that Foxtel Play has gone live ahead of its official launch on August 11. Foxtel Play is an internet TV service, offering Australians access to Foxtel's programming delivered over the internet to Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox 360s and PCs.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Games Console, Multiscreen, OTT, Tablet, USA
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification