Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
Dec 5, 2013 – South Africa's Cabinet has decided that the use of a control system should not be mandatory. The STBs will, however, have a control system to protect Government’s investment in the subsidized STB market and the local electronics industry.
News categories: Conditional Access, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
Dec 4, 2013 – Elliptic Technologies has announced the availability of tVault™ DRM for Microsoft® PlayReady® to secure content on connected devices. Along with this launch, Elliptic has fully integrated the tVault™ DRM solution on the NVIDIA® Tegra® 4i mobile processor.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, NVIDIA, Microsoft PlayReady, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Italy's TivùSat activates two millionth smartcard
Nov 19, 2013 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 2 million active smart cards in 1.68 million households. The pay-as-you-go satellite platform offers 63 channels of TV and 38 of radio.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Subscribers
Ziggo launches Interactive Television without separate digital receiver
Nov 5, 2013 – Ziggo customers with a new CI+ Module (version 1.3 or higher), and a television certified by Ziggo can use interactive services such as watching movies, television series or missed TV programmes on demand.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense