Smart card / CAM (Conditional Access Module) / CI Plus (CI+) / CableCARD™ News
Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
Jun 13, 2013 – Belgium's Telenet has announced the launch of 'TV with a card'. By placing a CI+ module with a smartcard in the TV set, a customer can watch television in digital picture and sound quality, without the need of a decoder or additional cables.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
SmarDTV provides CI Plus modules to Telenet in Belgium
Jun 3, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Belgian cable operator Telenet is launching, in June, a CI Plus conditional access module (CAM) in its network in Flanders and Brussels.
News categories: SmarDTV, Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Smart card / CAM, Tanzania, Terrestrial
India's Pay TV market to create a demand of 140 million smart cards during 2013-2018
May 23, 2013 – According to a new report from IMARC Group India’s Pay TV market is expected to create a demand for 140 million smart cards during 2013-2018. With 155 million subscriber households in 2012, India is the third largest TV market after the United States and China.
News categories: IMARC Group, India, Market Research, Smart card / CAM
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
SMIT releases CI+ 1.3 Conditional Access Module Series
Apr 8, 2013 – SMIT has released its CI+ 1.3 CAM (Conditional Access Module) Series. CI+ 1.3 offers an enhanced feature set to meet various business demands of the Pay-TV industry while keeping backward compatibility.
News categories: SMIT Corp, Smart card / CAM
NEOTION launches fully CI Plus 1.3 compliant CAM range
Mar 13, 2013 – NEOTION has introduced a new generation platform for CAM’s, fully compliant with the CI Plus V1.3 Standard. This offers pay-TV operators an extended set of features including Low Speed Communication and Operator Profile when combined with a CI Plus 1.3 compliant television.
News categories: NEOTION, Content Protection, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
SmarDTV provides SmarCAM-3.5 conditional access modules for M7 Group pay TV in the Netherlands and Belgium
Mar 12, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that M7 Group, the European provider of satellite services which operates CanalDigitaal, TV Vlaanderen and TéléSAT brands amongst others, has deployed its latest generation of conditional access modules (CAM) in its network in the Netherlands and Belgium.
News categories: SmarDTV, M7 Group, Belgium, Content Protection, Digital TV, Netherlands, Satellite, Smart card / CAM
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA