Smart card / CAM (Conditional Access Module) / CI Plus (CI+) / CableCARD™ News
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Italy's TivùSat activates two millionth smartcard
Nov 19, 2013 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that it now has more than 2 million active smart cards in 1.68 million households. The pay-as-you-go satellite platform offers 63 channels of TV and 38 of radio.
News categories: Tivù, Digital TV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Subscribers
Ziggo launches Interactive Television without separate digital receiver
Nov 5, 2013 – Ziggo customers with a new CI+ Module (version 1.3 or higher), and a television certified by Ziggo can use interactive services such as watching movies, television series or missed TV programmes on demand.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
DVB unveils features of forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification
Sep 13, 2013 – At IBC, DVB will unveil its work incorporating the latest version of CI Plus Extensions (V1.4) into the forthcoming DVB-CI Plus specification. The upcoming standard will enable IPTV to be delivered directly to the TV, without the need for a set-top box.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, IBCShow, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Digital TV Labs launches Ligada iSuite for HbbTV/CI+
Sep 12, 2013 – Digital TV Labs is launching Ligada iSuite for HbbTV/CI+ at IBC 2013. Leveraging Digital TV Labs' extensive HbbTV and CI+ expertise, this is a purpose-built test tool to ensure interoperability between HbbTV devices supporting CI+ modules.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Test
FRANSAT and ASTON launch CI+ 1.3 CAM module
Sep 12, 2013 – The FRANSAT CI+ CAM module manufactured by ASTON under the name 'MINISAT ® HD Easy' allows reception of the French FRANSAT satellite service on a wide selection of televisions incorporating the CI+ 1.3 standard.
News categories: ASTON, FRANSAT, France, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
UPC DTH offers NEOTION CI+ 1.3 conditional access module
Sep 11, 2013 – Neotion has announced that it is making available to UPC DTH customers, through local distributors in both the Czech Republic and Slovakia, the first Conditional Access Module CI+ 1.3 that includes changeable personal profiles.
News categories: Neotion, UPC DTH, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart card / CAM
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)