Europe Digital TV News
eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
Dec 11, 2013 – SeaChange (Nasdaq:SEAC) has announced that Ireland's eircom has deployed SeaChange's Adrenalin platform for its eVision TV service. eVision offers residential broadband, phone, mobile and TV packages over eircom's fibre network.
News categories: SeaChange, eircom, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Ireland
Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
Dec 11, 2013 – Broadpeak has announced that Bouygues Telecom, the French telecommunications provider, has deployed Broadpeak’s BkE100 Live RTP retry servers to manage its IPTV service on Bbox Sensation premium set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadpeak, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
Dec 10, 2013 – UUX has announced that it has provided its Internet TV as-a-Service platform to Telenor Hungary. The solution enables Telenor's MyTV service which includes live TV, catch-up TV and VOD, and can be accessed on all connected devices and screens.
News categories: UUX, Telenor, Digital TV, Hungary, Multiscreen, OTT
CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
Dec 9, 2013 – CANAL+ Group has announced the launch of myCANAL. With myCANAL, CANAL+ and CANALSAT subscribers can access all the channels and services related to their membership in a unified environment, regardless of the equipment used.
News categories: CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Ono TV Online launches in Spain
Dec 3, 2013 – Spain's Ono has announced the launch of 'Ono TV Online'. The service, available at no extra charge to all of its television subscribers, consists of 40 channels of video as well as access to Ono's Videoclub video-on-demand service.
News categories: Grupo Corporativo ONO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Spain, TV Everywhere
Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
Dec 3, 2013 – Russia's Rostelecom has announced that it now has 2 million subscribers to its interactive TV service, with the subscriber base tripling over the past two years.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households