Russia Digital TV News
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 — According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 — The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
Rostelecom chooses IPTV STB tender winners
Apr 23, 2013 — Rostelecom has chosen five box manufacturers as a result of its IPTV set-top box tender. The companies are Promsvyaz, CompuTel, SmartLabs, Promzakaz and S&T International.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
Sistema finishes 2012 with 7.5 million Stream-TV subscribers
Apr 16, 2013 — Sistema JSFC (LSE: SSA) has announced its results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012. The company's Stream-TV subscriber base increased by 21.0% in 2012 to 7.5 million subscribers.
News categories: Sistema Mass Media, Results, Russia, Subscribers
Rostelecom doubles IPTV subscribers in 2012 to 1.4 million
Mar 28, 2013 — Rostelecom (MICEX-RTS: RTKM,RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia's national telecommunications operator, has announced results for the fourth quarter and twelve months ending December 31, 2012. Over the year, the number of interactive TV subscribers more than doubled to 1.4 million.
News categories: Rostelecom, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Russia, Subscribers
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 — The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Pay TV penetration to reach 74% in Russia in 2017
Feb 22, 2013 — According to a J'son & Partners Consulting study, pay TV penetration in Russia in 2012 reached 58%, a rate expected to grow to 74% in 2017. Russia had 31.9 million pay TV households connected to cable, satellite or IPTV in 2012.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix Chosen to Secure Russia's Free Internet Service Ivi.ru
Feb 11, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced that Ivi.ru, the largest and most popular free Internet cinema in Russia, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV to provide security for its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Ivi.ru, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Russia
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision