Russia Digital TV News
Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
Dec 3, 2013 – Russia's Rostelecom has announced that it now has 2 million subscribers to its interactive TV service, with the subscriber base tripling over the past two years.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV penetration in Russia reaches 60%
Oct 17, 2013 – According to industry analysts TelecomDaily, the number of pay-TV subscribers in Russia at the end of the third quarter of 2013 was 33.3 million up from 32.5 million at the end of the the second quarter.
News categories: TelecomDaily, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Rostelecom orders 656,000 IPTV set-top boxes
Oct 15, 2013 – Rostelecom has announced the results of its latest tender for set-top boxes. The requirement was for two types of boxes: 'Interactive TV Standard' and 'Interactive TV Standard Plus'.
News categories: Rostelecom, SmartLabs, Promzakaz, Promsvyaz, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Set Top Box
Cubiware partners with STB maker Sinwatec to create Pay TV solution for Russia
Sep 14, 2013 – Cubiware has announced the launch of a middleware licensing agreement with Sinwatec. Formerly known as Promsvyaz, Sinwatec manufactures a line of set-top boxes for IPTV, cable, terrestrial, and media player applications.
News categories: Cubiware, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Russia, Set Top Box
13 million households in Russia have Tricolor TV
Aug 12, 2013 – Russian DTH operator, Tricolor TV, has announced that it has more than 2 million subscribers to its high definition (HD) service. Tricolor TV is now present in over 13 million households in Russia with 9.6 million paying subscribers.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
32.5 million pay TV subscribers in Russia at end-1H 2013
Aug 5, 2013 – According to iKS-Consulting, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of June 2013 was 32.5 million, up 13% compared with the same point in 2012. The number of operators with a subscriber base of over 1 million increased during that time from 5 to 7.
News categories: iKS-Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
Jun 14, 2013 – Russian regional fixed operator Tvingo Telecom has announced that it now has 30,000 subscribers to its IPTV service, which launched in 2009.
News categories: Tvingo, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 – According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal